milk anyone

miminjoey
on 10/9/06 12:21 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Am I the only one here that can not drink milk? I tried agian this moring and about 20 minutes in I thought, hmm this may stay down...5 minutes later I was bent over the toliet bowl. I don't know if it's because of the sugar in milk or what because it doesn't hit me like other things that have too much sugar...they make me sick and sweaty and dizzy...milk just comes up curdled and once it's out I am fine again. I so want to be able to have a bowl of cereal or glass of milk....I have tried soy and it's not any better Mimi
robinsaxton
on 10/9/06 1:18 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Mimi, You are not alone. Actually, I can't do milke either but it doesn't make me vomit. Every since surgery I can't make anything come back out. However, I get very nauseaus and sometimes pray that somehow I'd throw-up. I am usually sick to my stomach for about an hour after I have any milk at all. I can't stand soy or lactose free stuff. I haven't tried the pills with my milk. Have you tried them? Other dairy products don't give me that hard of a time. I have heard that some of us can't tolerate milk after surgery. I guess we are in that group. Hugs, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 10/9/06 1:20 am - PA
You seem to have a very sensitive pouch. Milk does not make me sick, but I haven't really tried to drink it. I only "wet" my cereal with it. I used to love to drink milk, but the smell turns me off now. I do get sick from NSA icecreams, except for fudgesicles. That is my trigger food. I let them back in the house recently and basically "binged" (as much as we can) on them yesterday. I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't have any of the cotton candy at my hubby's Company's Family day. Lets just say, I will NEVER do that again. I didn't know which end to hold over the potty!! I was soo sick and in pain. NSA Fudgesicles are now banned from my house too. I can't seem to control myself and they go down way too easy. Hope you are feeling better. Maybe in another 6 months you can try again. Kathy
eliza
on 10/9/06 4:28 am - fresno, CA
I cant drink milk it makes me so sick!!!!!!! I miss cereal! Lizzey
miminjoey
on 10/9/06 5:51 am - Fort Bragg, NC
OHHHHHHHH me too!!!!!!!!! Mimi
SoulSista
on 10/9/06 5:38 am - Boston, MA
me too but I can drink hood calorie countdown milk it only has 5 grams of sugar unlike the 12 regular milk has marsha
miminjoey
on 10/9/06 5:50 am - Fort Bragg, NC
where do you get this, I have never heard of it? It might be worht a try! Mimi
~ Stylz ~
on 10/9/06 11:43 pm - North of Boston, MA
I thought they stopped making hood calorie countdown milk! I've been getting smart milk because I couldn't find calorie countdown. What store did you find it at? My bf lives in jamaica plain, I'll have to pick some up when we're shopping
SoulSista
on 10/9/06 6:01 am - Boston, MA
I get in the supermarket out in boston. marsha
Amy I.
on 10/9/06 10:23 am - KS
I can not do milk at all. It sends me straight to the pot! And now the smell sickens me! But I should know better, I can not do any sugar at all. Not even natural sugars, such as fruit. Amy I
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views