Downhill????

spychab
on 10/9/06 5:38 am - Merrill, WI
Hi all.....Im going to be 7 months out....down 113 lbs...but the last time i weighed myself i was down 116lbs...is this possible? 3 lbs in one week..that dont seem right..does it. I heard that people are so afraid of gaining back they go to EXTREME measures to make sure they don't. I find myself eating lots of carbs. Like today for lunch I had like a cup to a cup and a half of fettuccinin alfredo..(my fav) oh Lordie. I gotta quit that. I've got to much to loose to gain! My sister ended up gaining almost 100 lbs back because of no will power. what to do. Im scared this is just the beginning of failing! I know beer dont contribute well to it either. If I drink a couple beers over the weekend is that aweful too? Please advise Im desperate....desperate to keep loosing..in a healthy way! I have at least 40 more lbs I want to loose.
miminjoey
on 10/9/06 6:01 am - Fort Bragg, NC
weigh again tomorow the weight will probably be gone 3 pounds can easily be water weight...like right now it's that time of month at the end of the week i will drop 5 pounds i do it every month. i too worry because i seem to have no control...and thought it is expensive i like the idividual pakcages because I love cheezits...this was I get them but once my little .77 oz bag is gone i am done. I don't feel cheated. I also went back to weighing my food...this weigh I can eat what everyone else is but it keeps my for gorgaing myslef wehn my bowl is empty I get up and walk away. Hang in there you are doing great...we can do this together! mimi
spychab
on 10/9/06 7:52 am - Merrill, WI
Thanks for your support and comments. I will do just that! I really appreciate it! you all are so great on here and know just what to say!! We will hang in there together!!
miminjoey
on 10/9/06 9:11 am - Fort Bragg, NC
HOLLY COW!! How did you understand a word I wrote? I reread that and I missed spelled like 85% of the words....my fingers and brain were not on the same page...used the wrong weigh...should ahve been way LOL Thank goodnees you ladies know how to read Mimi heheheh!!! Mimi
robinsaxton
on 10/10/06 4:16 am - Columbia, MD
Brandi, This is a daily process. We have to remember that we have to make right choices everyday. And some days we just won't make the right choices. But tomorrow is a new day. In fact, the next meal is a new one, so start right now making right choices. When you slip up, forgive yourself and work harder the next time. Also, I am like Mimi. I get individual packages of stuff so I am automatically limited. It helps my kids too. No more are they eating half a bag of whatever before they realize it. Also, I do try to measure just about everything. The only things I don't measure are my veggies. The rest I weigh and measure. Low carb is best. You can do this! You can reach your goal and maintain. Hugs, Robin
jomamma
on 10/10/06 6:13 am - Palmdale, CA
Dont panic Brandi. Down 113 or 116 pds is awesome. Be proud of all you have done so far. Im sure we all have the fear of failing, we are so use to failing in the past. If you get off track, GET BACK IN CONTROL right away. Pre-op I would "fall off the diet" and never get back on. I totally understand the fear you are feeling. Plan well when you have your fettucini. Dont eat any other carbs that day, IT WONT KILL YOU. Just look at all the mistakes your sister made and dont do them. She is a good example of what not to do!! We musnt be sohard on ourselves....BE PROUD, and when you eat something that you shouldnt, dont panic, just adjust. Good Luck
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/10/06 4:48 pm - My Town, NH
Brandi, I think one of the keys is simply not to give up. I know that every time I tried a "diet" before surgery I would be moderately successful but then I would give up. I still have over 75 pounds to lose and I know that it is going to take a long time to reach my goal but I refuse to give up! Do you have chicken with your fettuchini alfredo? This might be one way to eat less of the actual pasta. You won't fail unless you allow yourself to fail! Keep working away at those last 40 pounds and remember how much you've accomplished! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views