What size did you start and are you now

Lisa M.
on 10/6/06 11:21 pm - LaGrange, NC
Ok Marchers, I must confess that I am a lingering person on the boards that rarely posts, but I am posting an interesting question this morning. The is reason is this: You are not going to believe what happened this morning!!! I put on a pair of elastic pants (THAT I COULDN'T WEAR BEFORE SURGERY) They are now WAY TO BIG NOW. Well, I thought...what am I going to wear to the mall to get my husband a birthday present? It's rainy and cold of course so a dress won't do. I remember a pair of jeans a friend gave me 4 months ago size 22. I decided to try them and see how close I was..... I COULD WEAR THEM AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN TIGHT ANYWEAR!!! PERFECT FIT!!! I CAN NOT TELLYOU HOW MANY YEARS IT HAS BEEN SINCE I HAD ON JEANS!!!!! I started in a size 34......now I am in size 22. Where are you ladies and gents at in the size department at 6 1/2 months post op???? Isn't this the greatest experience in the world??? Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/06 2:12 am
before 22 jean, 20 all other clothes, now snug 12 but i refuse to wear a 14
RebekaA
on 10/7/06 2:34 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Lisa, Welcome to the board. I had just grown into a 26/28, I'm now in a L-XL top, and a 14 pant, but sometimes will squeeze into a 12.
Tamara L.
on 10/7/06 4:08 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Isn't it great, Lisa? I started out as a 30/32. Now I'm in 18's and L/XL. Love it!!!! Tamara 310/217/150
Rick A.
on 10/7/06 4:18 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi all, I started out in size 5X and 6X shirts and now wear XL that are loose. I was wearing size 46 pants and now wear loose 38's and some 36's. I've cleaned out my clothes closet so many times in the last 6 months it is unreal. Thank God for EBay and Good Will. I am proud to be a "Marcher". Life is good, Rick
Courtney B.
on 10/7/06 4:27 am - Lancaster, CA
Before, I was a tight 26/28 and 4XL shirt. Now I am a 14 and could probably go down to a large shirt, but I need the length an XL gives to cover my apron belly. Courtney 271/ 254/ 176/ 140
peggy5681
on 10/7/06 4:37 am - monroe, MI
started out at 278lbs and a solid size 24 top and bottom... Now a little over 6 mnths out I am 178lbs and a getting to be baggy sz 12 bottoms and a sz large top!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/7/06 6:23 am - My Town, NH
Hi Lisa. Thanks for posting and saying hello! I began at a 28/30 and am now wearing a size 20. I can also wear men's XL t-shirts which is what I wear to the gym. They are so much less expensive and I figure if I'm just gonna sweat, why spend $10 when I can spend $2.50?! I love, love, love buying clothes now! - Stephanie
Shari B.
on 10/7/06 7:21 am - Roseville, MI
Hi Lisa, Glad you posted this. It's so exciting to read how far we've all come. I started out in a 30/32, more on the verge of a 34. I'm now pretty much an 18, although the 16/18 fleece pants I bought at walmart are getting big. I was going to go back and get another pair and I just might have to try a 14! Unbelieveable, I can't remember when I was in an 18. I'm enjoying shopping for the first time ever. I remember even hating it as a kid as I have had a weight problem since I was three. This surgery is the biggest blessing in so many ways and I thank God everyday that he made it possible for me. Hugs, Shari 340/232/180
miminjoey
on 10/7/06 8:06 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I started out in a 20/22 and now I am in 14 I am sure I could get in a 12 if they were stretchy but not brave enough to try. I am hoping to be in a 12 by Christmas. My goal was a 14 so if I get any smaller it's just extra kudos for me!!! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views