VITAMIN B12

MARIESHEAMUSPAT
on 10/5/06 2:27 am - PHILADLEPHIA, PA
I had surgery 3/17/2006 and to date I have lost 92 lbs. However, in my 6 month labs I have a B12 deficiency. I see there are B12 patches on the market. Has anyone used them yet? Any suggestions?
robinsaxton
on 10/5/06 2:29 am - Columbia, MD
I use the b12 sublingual tablets. I can't remember the amount in each tab & the bottle is at home. I take 3 or 4 of them a day. I can really tell a difference if I miss them. Let me know if you like the patches. robin PS, congrats on your weight loss. That's awsome!!!
MARIESHEAMUSPAT
on 10/5/06 2:58 am - PHILADLEPHIA, PA
Thanks for the response Robin. I've never posted anything on the board nor have I updated my profile. I'm not too computer literate. Its good to know that the pills help you. I'm half afraid to use the patch because I don't think its FDA approved yet.
Mama-of-3
on 10/5/06 3:13 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hi there! By my sugeons suggestion...I take the B-12 sublingual every sunday. He first said to just take 1, but I now take 2. I bought them at trader joes for about 5.00 and it's a years supply in there! I just had my labs done and my B-12 is excellent!! Give them a try. They aren't bad at all! Trish
Lauren003
on 10/6/06 3:18 am - , NC
I take mine about twice a week and I get the sublingual from Trader Joe's like Trish. They are the only ones that I've found which dissolve completely and quickly, without leaving gross grainy bits in my mouth. Try to choose a B Complex sublingual (which is more than B12) if you can. I actually drive 2 hours to the nearest T.J's because their B12 is so good.
MARIESHEAMUSPAT
on 10/6/06 4:03 am - PHILADLEPHIA, PA
Thank you for the input LuLu. I'm going to go with the sublingual too. The patches are a little pricey. Have a good weekend.
SoulSista
on 10/6/06 4:31 am - Boston, MA
i use nascabol nasal spray. one spray one nostrial once a week. Marsha
susieQ227
on 10/7/06 1:00 pm - Allison, PA
I stop in at my PCP's office and get a shot every month. I'ts covered under my health ins. and is convenient for me because I can stop in on my lunch hour. However, I have not had a shot in two months and my bloodwork showed it. I'm going monday for my shot and need to be vigilant in getting there every month. Dr. said lack of B-12 can cause problems with the extremities.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views