A Miracle Happened...

Darlene X
on 10/4/06 11:13 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I, Darlene, ME..... am drinking a protein drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW! Pigs are flying, hell is freezing over!!! The last time I did any fform of protein drink was a few days after surgery, it tasted so disgusting I never had one again... the after taste made me sick.... I know that our tastes were so sensitive right after surgery....but I couldnt stomach trying any again. I turned anti-protein and opted to get it from food--- which i don't do too bad, about 60-70g from food. Well this morning I decided to take the plunge.... I got out my Vanilla Verry Berry (Which I loved before surgery- hated after) and tried it again... Not so bad.... my tastes have settled back to normal mostly.... So the girl who neever does protein drinks is doing it!!!!!! Darlene -127lbs
Mama-of-3
on 10/5/06 1:02 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Great job! LOL I cant STAND vanilla very berry! It just turned everything purple. I just tried hanks chocolate and OMG good! I add unflavored to a few things and you cant tell, but I dont do protein drinks everyday anymore. Glad you liked it!
Darlene X
on 10/5/06 1:11 am - Maricopa, AZ
I got my Hanks samples--- went to try the vanilla this morning, and it just went all lumpy in the water--- didnt disolve ewww... what is the trick?
Mama-of-3
on 10/5/06 3:10 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Darlene, Have you ever seen Moo Magic, S/F Milk mix? They come in single packets like crystal light. 10 in a package for about 2.50? Anyway....last night, I put in 8 ozs of milk, a packet of the banana flavor milk mix, some ice and the chocolate powder in the blender and it was soooooo delicious. It had absolutely no protein taste whatsoever. Give it a try! Trish
Darlene X
on 10/5/06 4:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
Nope, we don't have Moo Magic here. I was hoping to avoid the blender, we have a Magic Bullet... but when it comes to protein drinks I'd rather they not be full of air/fluffy.... but trying to mix normally leaves everything lumpy. Im also going to get myself adjusted to a Protein Shake made with water, not milk... cause I don't need the extra calories/sugar from the milk. Im gonna try the Hanks Chocolate tomorrow morning I think... I guess I'll just have to blend it..
timsdanni
on 10/5/06 10:07 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
Good girl!!! it does make it easyer to get your protien in when you have 30 to 60 grams of it as a shake I make mine with ice cold water - like grab the water bottle farest to the back of the fridge that is almost frozen b/c I don't do the frothy ice in the blender well either hey btw we need a new pic of you adn your honey - I know you can't still look like that hugs danni who is 5 days from leaving elpaso for ALASKA hehehe
Lauren003
on 10/6/06 3:22 am - , NC
Wow! I didn't think it would happen!! Champion Pro Whey Stack or Matrix are pretty good, though sweet. What made you decide to try it again?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views