Update

Sheryl J.
on 10/4/06 6:21 am - Madison, WI
RNY on 03/01/06 with
I'm back from Scotland. It was a wonderful trip but man is it hard to get back into a routine! I lost three pounds while I was gone. Frankly, I'm amazed. I was sure I had gained weight. I got more great news from another doctor. I was scheduled to have glaucoma surgery on Monday but my opthalmologist said that major weightloss can cause great improvement in glaucoma patients so he cancelled the surgery for a while at least. How are you doing? 218/208/146/115 4'10"
RebekaA
on 10/4/06 9:40 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Sheryl, Scotland sounds amazing! We were in Ireland 2 years ago and wanted to make the jump over, but weren't able to. That's great about the glaucoma! I'm always astonished at all the things being obese can affect! Things/conditions you would never think are related, improve after losing weight! Good for you, I hope it turns out you are able to skip the surgery altogether!
robinsaxton
on 10/5/06 2:08 am - Columbia, MD
Welcome back. That's cool to lose weight on a trip. Not many of us EVER do that. I hope the glaucoma gets taken care of for you without surgery. Maybe you can share some photos of your trip in your profile soon. I bet Scotland was beutiful. Hugs, Robin
Lauren003
on 10/6/06 3:26 am - , NC
Oh, Scotland *dreamy eyes* I'm so happy that you had such a good trip. And congrats on the cancellation of your surgery! You're getting healthier every day so that can only mean good news for the future.
Shana M.
on 10/6/06 2:09 pm - KY
I'm so jealous!! (of Scottland and the 3 pounds!) We have been to Russia twice (adopted our son there) but Scottland is one on our list to go to at some point in our lives. We probably should have gone there prior to bringing home our son. Now with him being 3 1/2 it's not as likely we're going any time soon! Congrats!! Shana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views