Working out (at home) Wednesday

BabyRuth2u
on 10/3/06 10:23 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning, I don't feel exercise discouraged or negative this morning. I just don't feel like going to the gym. But that's not going to excuse me from my exercise. Today I am going to SWEAT TO THE OLDIES with my quirky friend Richard Simmons. I have a few of his tapes, always liked them just don't get them out often. It's a lil overcast out there this morning, the rain is coming and I just feel like staying home today, so am going another route. I think it will be a good change up anyways, a lil more just aerobic workout and not so much weight bearing. Just sweat and breath... sweat and breath! LOL Hope everyone had a good night and is ready for an even better day!! I have enjoyed the posts the past week with everyone getting all geared up and into their exercise. As much as we have to work at it, some may just not enjoy it, it's something we need to do. Something we need to adapt to our new lives and make it a part of our lives forever if we want to be successful to goal and beyond. So do what you can today, make a little time and move for you!!! Have a wonderful SWEATY day!!!
miminjoey
on 10/3/06 10:49 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
yesterday i went to a new gym it basically had everything my normal gym does but it is set up like curves...has a timer on the wall so you have 30 secs per station....I had never used that type of equipment and today I am sore so I think I'll hit it agian Plus it was so nice I was the only one there. yeah, think I'll hit it again after I drop the kids off. Mimi
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/06 10:59 pm - PA
I did 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer at my gym yesterday. I wanted to do some weights, but most of the machines were crowded and I was running out of time. Today I think I'll do weights first and then the elliptical. Its not so crowded when I first get there. Oh yeah, gotta get those abs in too! On Friday I have a personal training session set up. I'm gonna ask for a good workout routine that I can get done within an hour for those days when I am in a rush. Hopefully I will be able to concentrate. My last personal trainer was female and this one is male. He is HOT. Don't tell hubby, he might get suspicious of all the time I will be spending at the gym now. Kathy
robinsaxton
on 10/3/06 11:21 pm - Columbia, MD
Well, I am gonna have to go walk at lunch time. Last night I had fully intended on going for a walk cuz everyone was out of the house. I had been really sore in my muscles for the past 4 days. I was feeling like lead in my body. I ended up falling asleep and woke up 2 1/2 hours later. I went to bed shortly after that and this morning I don't feel sore. Maybe I just need some rest. It's one of those fibromyalgia flare-ups. Haven't had one in several months, thanks to WLS. I am not going to let it keep me down for more than the one day. Used to set me back for days at a time, but not anymore. Supposed to be very nice today at lunch so I am looking forward to the walk. I just love Richard Simmons. He is so kind and caring and funny. Enjoy working out with your personal trainer Kathy. We won't tell. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/3/06 11:23 pm - My Town, NH
I was at the gym this morning at 5:30 a.m. My body is so hurting today! After my trainer put me through my paces on Monday night, my body has rebelled. But I still went yesterday morning and this morning. It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand and it hurts to walk! But what is it they say? No pain...no gain! I prefer to say, no pain...no LOSS! Monday might my trainer told me he was not going to train anymore. I was so sad. I have four good workouts from my time with him so I'm just going to keep at it through the end of the year and then maybe try to find another trainer. They are so difficult to find in this area. I felt very defeated for a while Monday night. But I've decided NOT to give up. I can do this and do it on my own. At least I've learned the basics of strength and weight training. Have a wonderful day everyone! - Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 10/4/06 3:50 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good afternoon, nice to see everyone up and about today getting their exercise in or planning it later in the day. It's beautiful here today, rain coming later they say. I did my Richard Simmons video this morning as planned. I got myself up and in front of the tv around 8:30 or so when I normally go to the gym and did the WHOLE tape! I can remember years ago when I bought them I was dying through the first dance into the 2nd and that was about it. At one point when on a diet and having lost some weight I can remember doing up to about 4 or 5 of the songs. Well today, first attempt I can proudly say I did the whole thing no sweat! That was amazing! It was fun and it was exercise but surprisingly it didn't give me a good enough sweat or workout as I would have liked. But it was still 45 mins of non stop action, so that is good. I did a few crunches afterwards, love those!!! Need to tighten that belly. Then I got risky! and pulled out the vacuum and did the carpets. LOL As I was again later in the morning on my butt I thought about how nice it is, and with the rain coming I should take advantage of the weather now. I had taken the dog for a walk on Monday and it was great! Tired the little bugger out for two days LOL She has been the calmest, sweetest little pup ever!! LOL (Normally she is wired and tearing anything and everything apart she can get a hold of ) Well I thought it was time to wear her out again. So we went out for a walk for a little over an hour around noon today, went a bit further than the other day, completed about 2 miles plus a little. It's a pretty good walk, it's got flat, up hill and down hill about 3 times, so its a good work out. The last hill which we didnt go beyond the other day we tackled today. I just kept saying Keep going Nikki, we'll stop at the top and we did it!! So since we've been home she's been laying at my feet or under the desk and snoozing. LOL She seems to enjoy it, but boy does the walk tire her out.. DH says she must be built for speed not endurance!! I can definately see now that the walking on the treadmill, being able to do incline etc really does help and make a difference, except for the last hill which was a little higher and still very doable, they werent bad at all. I just thought after getting to the turn around point and making that hill, that wow, I love walking, it feels so great to be able to do this. last year walking to the corner would have been the biggest chore and dreaded so much by me . That's pretty sad if you think about it. Now I can knock out two miles like it was nothing and still be raring to go. I LOVE IT!!!!! have a great rest of the day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views