new habit

timsdanni
on 10/3/06 12:17 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I have pretty firmly established protien shake, pills/vits and walk as a way to start my day - now I am adding protien shake and pills/vits as a way end the day. I relized at my inlaws last weekend (week before maybe - I am way tiered) that it was nice to have a cup of choc. protien at night while others were having dessert or a drink. so I have started that this week and it is working well - my wieght is going down agian and I am not missing my bedtime pills - hoping this will make it easyer while we are in transant to get all my protien in so anyone want to join me nightly for a cuppa? protien that is danni 372/252/170
RebekaA
on 10/3/06 1:20 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Good for you girl! I am a big fan of routine and structure too so go you!
BabyRuth2u
on 10/3/06 10:19 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Good for you Danni, the protein does a body good! I feel it surely does curve that chocolate/sweet treat craving. I religiously have my mid morning shake and my evening one. I think that is what has kept me sane regarding that type of junk food for this long. How can you beat a yummy chocolate shake and a piece of a chocolate protein bar? Works for me! LOL It does help with the weightloss, protein is good! Keep it up, you're doing great. It is hard when you're in transition to be structured, but YOU can DO anything YOU set your mind too. Keep getting those vitamins in, they are so important. I see some posts once in awhile on the main board where people are 6 months out, a year, some even more, mentioning the iron deficiency problem they are having and saying my doctor is going to put me on iron pills now. Im thinking WHAT???!!??? why havent you been on them since the beginning? I know all docs are different, but that seems like a logical thing they should be taking. I'll be with ya tonight on the cuppa protein! Yummy! Enjoy and be healthy!
miminjoey
on 10/3/06 10:37 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
SO not fair Just like milk, I can't eat chocolate, not even the fake stuff...I tried a chocolate chip cookie yesterday and puked in my car on the way home picking my kids up from school....not a pretty sight. I don't think I'll ever be able to tolerare anything other then unflavored protein powder and grape flaoverd isopure. good for you guys for keeping the routine!!!! Mimi
timsdanni
on 10/4/06 12:28 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I haven't seen isopure in grape - can I try a scoop - pretty please danni who is going nuts with the premove inspections today
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/06 11:04 pm - PA
Another good habit for me to try. You guys are great influences. I get plenty of protien in with my food, but lately I have found myself overeating (even protien foods)and "abusing" my protien bars. Good in the protien department, but BAD in the calorie and fat department. Plus I have TONS of Protien powder to finish. I'm gonna do this with you. My weight loss has slowed to a trickle and I need to get my rear in gear. No time like the present to get back to the basics. Its now or never. I don't wanna be one of those crying about how I gained all my weight back because I didn't develop good habits in the beginning! Kathy
robinsaxton
on 10/3/06 11:15 pm - Columbia, MD
what kind of protein drink is it you use. I haven't been able to find a chocolate one that doesn't have that chalky or vitamin taste to it. I would love to find one I can drink because I am really not getting enough protein in. I think I am only getting about 30 grams a day which is probably why I haven't lost any weight in the past 3 weeks. Do you have it warm? Thanks for the idea. Hugs, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/06 11:30 pm - PA
Robin- I hate protien supplements. I use the Isopure Dutch chocolate and I put in a couple of tablespoons on the Sugarfree International Coffee Suisse Mocha, mix it and serve it over ice. It tastes like one of those iced coffee drinks. Its pretty good. I bet you could probably blend it with ice, but it makes so many bubbles, it makes me feel miserable and way too full before I fini**** Kathy
timsdanni
on 10/4/06 12:30 am - Ft Stewart, GA
robin see my other post on drinkable choc. I do this one warm and cold depending on the time of day/temp /my mood etc hope you can find some that works for you!1 hugs danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views