I did it.. then craziness ensued!!

sparkles
on 10/2/06 11:43 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I'm so thrilled... I went shopping today.. and got a pair of jeans.. cuz my old ones were so lose, not only were they baggy, they were pulling my underwear down!! LOL. I'm down to a 22... snug.. but still on me... I was wearing a 30 or more in most clothes preop. So I went home... very happy with my success. I got to thinking.. I have some formal gowns in my closet I haven't worn in some time (one is from my Jr. Prom when I was 16.... 8 years ago). I tried on the one I wore for my sister's wedding in 2004. When I wore that dress previously, I had to brace myself against a wall while my sister and her maid of honor tugged and pulled until I got in the dress... then I couldn't breath during the entire affair. As soon as she left for her honeymoon, I shedded that dress for jeans. LOL. (European size 26) Now.. It nearly fell off of me. I was wanting to wear it for my company's christmas party, but it might not be possible to take in a dress that much. We are talking atleast 6 inches here. So I decided to try on the dress from my Jr. Prom (size 22 zum zum) and it was loose too. But.. it fit right. I looked hot... I pranced around my house for atleast 15 minutes, not believe that I was in the dress... It was a good day.
timsdanni
on 10/2/06 11:54 am - Ft Stewart, GA
yeah!! how fun!! I know I look at my size 22s and 20s as they come out of the laundry and go - these are awful tiny whos are these anyhow LOL hug amy you are doing great danni
sparkles
on 10/2/06 9:39 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Danni, So are you!!! Amy
BabyRuth2u
on 10/2/06 10:22 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
LOL Danni, I do that with my clothes too. It's really strange to hold them up and look at them and be like "I can fit in that?" LOL Those are continual wow moments!! Enjoy them!! Hope you are feeling better today.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/06 10:49 pm - PA
That is soo cool! Prance all you want. I find myself doing the same sometimes. I'm dying to take out my wedding dress and do that. I'm probably one of the only brides in history that actually GAINED weight from her first fitting to her last. I had to have it taken OUT! Then I could barely zip it up at all a couple of months after the wedding. I remember crying about it.
sparkles
on 10/3/06 3:34 am - North Richland Hills, TX
my wedding dress doesnt fit me anymore!! It was a 32 though when I got married last year. I'm thinking of selling it on EBAY or something..... I dunno. Its kinda hard to part with something.. even though I'll never wear it again, and my daughter *I hope* will never be that big... Any suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/06 6:55 am - PA
I don't think my daughter will wear mine either. Her birthparents were 6'1" and 6'4", I'm 5'5". It will probably end up looking like a miniskirt on her! LOL I know it was hard for me to find a plus size dress that made me feel pretty. Think of some of the women out there who would pay top dollar for your dress! I think I'm too attached to mine to sell it, but I don't think I would get much money for it either. It got caught in the car door on our way home from our second reception in Texas (for my LARGE family). The bottom of my dress pretty much cleaned all the dew and dust off the side of the car...Its not in the best shape any more.
robinsaxton
on 10/2/06 11:41 pm - Columbia, MD
So cool! It's fun to prance around like that. I haven't pranced in clothes that only because the smalles clothes I had were size 24. Several years ago I gave up and sent all my old "skinny" clothes to the goodwill. However, I do try on my daughters clothes and prance just a little. I can't wait to try on my wedding dress someday. That would be so cool to fit it again, or maybe even have it get too big! Keep prancing! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/3/06 6:32 am - My Town, NH
It sounds like a GREAT day! I'm so glad you pranced. You deserve it! You go, you hot girl, you! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 10/3/06 10:45 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
woo hoo...last yeardsale we had i sold my wedding dress because i knew I would never get in it again ( 2nd wedding tea length loink dress) kicking self in rear because now it would be to big! So happy for you doing happy dance with you Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views