It's Monday, time to get movin!

BabyRuth2u
on 10/1/06 10:40 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I don't wanna, but I'm afraid if I don't I'll get out of the habit of doing so. So I am off to the gym, headache in tow. I hope everyone has a good day. I'm sure mine will look up after I"m back, it always does!! Get out to your gyms, take your walks, do your videos, it's Movin Monday ladies and gents! Have a great one!
robinsaxton
on 10/1/06 11:31 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Ruth Ann. Well, I didn't start my day with exercise today. That is because I am still sore from my weekend exercise. I did the 2 mile walk from obesity on Saturday. It was great. I finished the walk in just under 40 minutes, I think. That was a pretty good pace for me. I felt muscles I didn't realize I had later that evening. Even Sunday was still pretty sore. So I went for another walk Sunday evening. 1/5 miles in 28 minutes and then did my conditioning exercises. It felt wonderful. Even the soreness feels great. I am so glad that I went. I am encouraged to walk more and pick up the pace of my walking. I walk at lunch time but I know that the pace I walk then is much slower than what I did this weekend. Keep up the great work. You are doing so well. You know, it is so important to be consistent with exercise because taking just a few days off can really break the habit and then we have to fight to get back on track. Hugs, Robin
BabyRuth2u
on 10/2/06 4:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations to you Robin for doing the Walk from Obesity! That is fantastic. And you didn't let the sore muscles keep you down. It's hard to keep at it when you hurt, but even if you do a little it's better than not doing more walking or exercise. So do what you can today but don't worry about pushing it. Just keep things moving. You get to be walking Queen for the day!! Hope your day is going great.
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/06 11:51 pm - PA
Can you PLEASE move to South Carolina so you can come to my house and kick me in the rear? My weight loss has really slowed to almost NOTHING and I haven't exercised in almost 2 months!! Ugh, my excuse right now is I don't have time, however I do manage to watch about 2 hours of Law & Order repeats every night. I'm soooo ASHAMED! Kathy
BabyRuth2u
on 10/2/06 4:08 am - Pittsburgh, PA
South Carolina hmmm.. sounds good to me. Let me check with DH. LOL I would love to have an exercise / walking buddy. Since Im not working I go to the gym during the day, by time DH gets home I've done my thing/s. Sometimes I'll go back out to the gym with him but its not often, I enjoy when we go together but thats seldom. Plus he needs it! Even if you snuck in 10 or 15 minutes I think you'd see a difference. Since you havent been exercising any change is going to help. Repeats.. that means that you've probably seen them and if not you'll seem them run again!! Hmm.. cut one rerun out and give it a try!! Good luck.
~ Stylz ~
on 10/2/06 1:16 am - North of Boston, MA
morning Ruth Ann! I walked today (twice so far). I weighed in on Sunday and the scale read 167.4 (3.6lbs in a week). It really gave me motivation to get in gear and walk walk walk! hope everyones doing well!
BabyRuth2u
on 10/2/06 4:09 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Cool good for you. And 167.4, woohoo... I'm dreaming of seeing that number some day!!! Guess I better keep on movin!! Good for you on the two walks today. Yes seeing the numbers go down does kind of get one moving doesnt it? I know I was really feeling yucky because the scale wasnt moving for a month but now that it has moved a few lbs. I want to keep doing what Ive been doing and try to help it along. Have a great evening.
peggy5681
on 10/2/06 3:46 am - monroe, MI
Ruth Ann, you have got me moving too, I bought a treadmill last week and have been walking 2 miles a day plus I work 10 hrs a day, but I love my treadmill!!!!! Keep movin Ruth Ann!!
BabyRuth2u
on 10/2/06 4:12 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Nice purchase! We need to get Kathy up there to get one. She can use it during her reruns of Law and Order!!! I enjoy doing my treadmill at the gym I like that I can increase the incline, speed it up a bit and challenge myself. With the new ActivTrax workouts Ive been doing I dont get as much treadmill time in. I try to do a little more after it, but by then I'm ready to go. Today it's beautiful o ut so about two hours after I got back from the gym I decided to take the dog for a walk. I ended up doing about 2 miles there. It feels so great to be able to go out and walk, not have it hurt, and not be puffing out of breath. It is just such a joy to be able to do that. So I did about 3 miles today which is upped from what Ive been doing, so Im happy. Keep it up and enjoy your treadmill. WooHoo for you!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/06 6:04 am - PA
Ummmm... I have a confession to make. I own an elliptical machine...its in our "workout room" with the free weights and step benches and a TV thats mounted in the corner in direct view of the elliptical... But we only have a VCR in there and no DVD player and all 20 of my workout videos are DVDs as well as my Law & Order SVU Seasons 1, 2 & 5 boxed sets... Now I am really ASHAMED!!! OK, I will workout tonight and I will purchase a dvd player for that room tomorrow. But then again, I have support group tonight.... If anyone lives close to me, you have permission to come to my house and slap me silly. I won't even fight back... Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views