6 Months Today!!!!

CherieG
on 9/29/06 5:07 am - Collingdale, PA
Hi everyone. Today is officially 6 months since I had my surgery. I started out my journey at 503 lbs and am thrilled to say that my official 6 month weight today is 325 lbs!!!!( I haven't weighed less than 330 since high school.) I have lost 178 lbs since March 29th. I have also gained back sooooo much in my life. Everyday I am able to do more and more. I sometimes can't believe that I was at the point where I was barely mobil and now I am always on the go. The only thing I wish wasn't happening is I keep getting infections in my leg. I had started getting them for about 2 years before the surgery. Months passed after the surgery without one, and now it seems like they keep on coming. It's happened twice just this month. The doctor says it's from all the excess skin on my leg. Other than that(which is a small price to pay), it has been an awesome 6 months. Thank you to everyone!! Although I'm usually lurking, I do read a lot of the posts and do learn from them. Cherie G
robinsaxton
on 9/29/06 6:17 am - Columbia, MD
Cherie, WOW, that is incredible. What great success you are having. I am so happy for you. I am glad that you are doing so well. I hope that the docs can help you get rid of the leg infections. Still it sounds like you are doing so well. Congratulations! Hugs, Robin
CherieG
on 10/2/06 2:29 am - Collingdale, PA
Thank you!!
RebekaA
on 9/29/06 6:33 am - Inland Empire, CA
How wonderful! You must feel awesome....You look GREAT! I hope your leg infections gets better
CherieG
on 10/2/06 2:30 am - Collingdale, PA
Thank you!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/06 6:56 am - PA
Cherie - We are surgiversary sisters!! WOW!! You have done wonderfully! It is amazing! Isn't this surgery a miracle? I don't think the average person realizes how much it changes lives. You are doing so well, keep up the good work. Sorry about the excess skin causing the leg infections. Maybe they will be able to take care of that when it is time for plastics! Kathy
CherieG
on 10/2/06 2:33 am - Collingdale, PA
That's cool that we are surgiversary sisters!!! I lurk more than I post, but I have seen your progress. You are doing great!!! I agree with you that most average people can't realize the effect this surgery can have. I am living it, and most days can't believe it!! Cherie
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/29/06 10:54 pm - My Town, NH
Cherie, I am so proud of you! You are continuing to succeed and the weight is disappearing forever. I hope your leg infections clear up soon! Keep us posted on your progress. Celebrate you and all of your accomplishments! - Stephanie
CherieG
on 10/2/06 2:34 am - Collingdale, PA
Thank you!!! I will definately be keeping everyone posted. You look Great!!! Keep up the great work. Cherie
luckycat1
on 9/30/06 4:35 am - Cincinnati, OH
WOW that is awesome keep up the great work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views