Retired my rings...

Darlene X
on 9/29/06 1:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well this morning I officially retired my engagement & wedding rings. They were fitting losely, but still wearable... but now if my hands get wet, after I wash them or anything my rings slip right off. I didnt want to lose them, so they are put away somewhere safe until Im holding steady where I want to be, and can afford to have them resized. Im now single again!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! LOL Hubby retired his ring several months ago, and likes to think he is single again too...hehe. Darlene 338/212/170 -126lbs 3lbs till OVERWEIGHT!
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/06 3:20 am - PA
Good for you! Since you are single again, you should make hubby "woo" you again like before you were married. Ahhh, those were the days... My rings are not too big for me yet, as a matter of fact, I couldn't even get them off before surgery. One of my big "wow" moments was the day I could get them on and off without tearing skin. They spin freely now, and it gets on my nerves, but I'm afraid to even think about resizing them. Its still hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that this is permanent and I will not immediately gain all the weight back without even trying. Kathy
robinsaxton
on 9/29/06 6:04 am - Columbia, MD
Congratulations Darlene. I am glad you put them away safely before losing them. I did that one time. I thought I had lost my rings on a Friday at work. I didn't notice until that evening. I couldn't get back into the building over the weekend. I went to work on Monday and searched everywhere. I found them in the bathroom trashbag which just happened to not be taken out on Friday. They had slipped off without me even noticing when I washed my hands. WHEW. This was a couple years ago when I had lost about 30 lbs, going from 198 to 160something. Well, I had them resized and will have to do it again next summer probably. They are really lose now but aren't falling off. Anyway, congratulations. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/29/06 10:49 pm - My Town, NH
Congrats newly single girl. Maybe hubby should propose again before you put them back on after they are resized! - Stephanie
timsdanni
on 9/30/06 12:03 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I had a family heirloom ring that was a 10.5 and when it got to small we bought me a size 9 plain band from the px - I went and got that sized down to a 7.25 a couple of months ago the new one was under $100 but makes me feel so good hugs danni
Sondra J. S.
on 9/30/06 3:28 pm - Show Low, AZ
hi Instead of retiring my engagement ring, I just went to wal-mart and bought ring snugglies and have been wearing that for a couple of months. If it were not for that ring snugglie, my ring would have fallen off months ago, lol. I did not want to not wear it, so I suffer with an awkward ring snugglie, lol.... Maybe you could do that also Darlene, the snugglies are in the jewlery department and cost 1.98 or something for 6 different sizes all in one package so you can choose the right one for the stage you are at. I love that I can still wear my ring, I do, however, have to change my snugglie soon as my ring is starting to spin in circles again even with the snugglie on, lol. Good luck and keep those rings safe!!!! Sondra
miminjoey
on 10/3/06 9:33 am - Fort Bragg, NC
ahhh i had to do the same this over the weekend, they were just way to loose and the scary thing is..the only ring in my jewelry box that would fit were the rings from my exhusband...needless to say i have nothing on LOL! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views