OT: What Not To Wear - coming near you?

BabyRuth2u
on 9/28/06 11:31 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, just back from the workshop/fashion show for plus size (all sizes there and welcome) done here at a local MACY's with Clinton Kelly from "What Not To Wear". It was a blast. He is just so much fun. The clothes were fantastic, the information great. He answered questions, did a few 360 mirror critiques sans the mirror. Had volunteers come up to get his opinion on their clothing etc. Of course I had forgot my camera, had it out and on the table, half ways there and realized it. UGh! But a nice lady in front of us heard me telling this to my friend and she took my email and will send me some pics and also my other friend that came did have her camera in tow. So I took pics, when I get them from her we'll see what came out good etc and I'll post them. There were tons of boots, plaid skirts, nice fitted jackets, leather coats, a leopard print coat I adored! I did try it on, a lil long for a shorty like me, but a little tailoring is all it would need!! But since Im still far from goal spending $200 on a coat right now isn't too smart. LOL One of the questions on a card handed in from the audience was from someone who said they had WLS and was going to or did just have plastic surgery and wanted some suggestions for proper looking fits. He had suggested with anyone losing any large amounts of weight to buy pieces that you can use over and over. Buy a good piece that you can mix and match with other things to make more outfits. So buy few and make many. Oh and with this he mentioned the bra fitting. "Every woman has to have at least one proper bra fitting before she dies". He said with basically every 10 bls loss you change in bra size. There was a magnificent spread put out by Macys... olive tapenade, hummus, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne (or sparkling wine of some type didnt have any so didnt get that close), all kinds of cheeses, crackers, mini brownie bites, skewered chicken w/ peanut sauce. Very nice. In the booklet they handed out he is only half way through this tour and may be coming to a Macy's near you. I thought I'd post the other dates and cities incase you want to try to contact yours and see if you can get in on the reservation list!! Enjoy, it was definately a lot of fun and worth going to see. Coming to a MACY's near you!! Washington Square Tigard, OR Saturday September 30, at 2:00 pm RSVP 1-877-340-4368 The Mall at Millenia Orlando, FL Saturday October 7th, at 2:00 pm RSVP 407-264-2113 Regency Square Richmond, VA Saturday, October 14, 2:00 pm RSVP 804-740-6700 ext. 499 Oakbrook Oakbrook, IL Saturday, October 21 at 2:00 pm RSVP 800-634-3537 West Farms West Farms, CT Saturday November 4 at 2:00 pm RSVP 888-MACYSNY Ridgedale Minnetonka, MN Saturday November 11 at 1:00 pm RSVP 800-634-3537
timsdanni
on 9/28/06 11:58 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I feel better!!! I bought 3 new bras about 2 weeks ago and dropped 7 pounds that week - went and got 4 new smaller bras this week and was feeling bad about the cash spent butthe girls are sooooooooo south LOL it is not funny so good bras are nessasary show sounds awsome hugs danni 372/254/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views