Good afternoon!

BabyRuth2u
on 9/27/06 5:19 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hope everyone has been having a good day. I was in a little funk this morning. Wasn't sure if I was movin to lose or not. I did choose not to go to the gym today or at least not as of yet. LOL I think I just needed a little break. It's like I just keep busting my butt and nothing happens, so it does get discouraging. Then this week heard some not so good news about my dad. So it's got me down, trying not to be without all the details from the doc. Looks like they found some cancer cells during some prostate blood work and biopsy. So trying to find out about all of this and what things are going to happen. They don't seem to be in a rush, they told him this via the phone on Monday, from test results, didnt schedule him to come in to see what steps they'll take until oct 17th, so must be a beginning stage? I don't know. Just do know that they did tests couldnt have been 3 months or so ago it seems, and all was clear, blood levels of something elevated, but the biopsy was fine, said they'd do future checks, didnt realize so soon and now they find something? I think they just missed something. He's been fine wasnt having any symptoms or problems just a general blood work showed some elevation so they started doing this stuff. Anyways.. its been having me down and Ive been picking picking picking and just wanting to eat all the time. Today I just didnt feel like the gym, felt tired so took the day off so far. Might go tonight when Dave's home from work which is in like an hour so he might get me off my rump. But thats no excuse for anyone else! Get out there an move!!! Talk to you later.
robinsaxton
on 9/27/06 6:53 am - Columbia, MD
Hi RuthAnn. I also didn't get my exercise in today. I had to do my daughter's wound dressing and that takes up my free time in the AM to workout (unless I get up at 4:30 which I am most definitely not doin). We had a firedrill at work today and I did take the stairs back up to our 9th floor offices after the all clear. So I guess that is at least something. My chest was pounding and I had to stop on the 7th floor to breathe for a minute but I did it. At least now I know that I can do it. I thought for sure I would pass out. If I hadn't taken the little break I might of. Sorry to hear the news about your dad. I'll be praying for you and him. It's always the hardest waiting and not knowing. Two of my greatest stressors. I am sure the docs will do a good job at checking him out and getting him treatment, if necessary. Maybe they will find out that it was nothing. My sister gets bad paps all the time and when she goes back for more extensive tests they never find anything. I know it's not the same stuff but maybe that'll encourage you. Do something nice for yourself this evening. Get a good movie, call a friend to chat, something to relax you and get your mind off of things. Hugs, Robin
jennb40
on 9/27/06 6:59 am - Nashua, NH
Hang in there Ruth Ann....I know it is tough hearing this news about your Dad. I will be sending lots of get well prayers your way....Please take care of yourself. Hugs, Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views