Good morning.

BabyRuth2u
on 9/20/06 9:27 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not feeling very motivated this morning. I might exercise at some point. If I don't go during the day today I may go tonight with DH. We went last night, so I got exercise in twice yesterday. I'm just feeling discouraged because the scale wont move. I've been the same weight and even up and down between two pounds since Sept 1. Today is the 21st! I just don't know what to do. I'm feeling that exercise is the problem, I need to stop it! LOL I don't think I'm over eating, but maybe for a wls patient I am. I guess we dont get to eat like a 'normal' person. We have to eat way way less and if we even deviate from that one iota then we're sheet out of luck, we're not going to lose. And muscle weighs more than fat I know that, but I dont want to weigh more, I want to weigh less. So was thinking maybe take a few days off of the gym. I'm not asking for alot, just to be under 220. I did see 219.something one time and then POOF it was gone. I dont think one should go 20 days with no loss, and actually see 222 at times. I don't know why this is happening and its starting to get to me. It sucks to work this hard and get nowhere. I think I"m whining now and in an hour or so I'll be like "Ruth get your butt off this chair and to the gym" so I may be back singing a new song in a few hours. Who knows lol But right now Im just at a loss and afraid to exercise anymore. Have a good day, get out and move, it might help some of you!!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/20/06 11:20 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Ruth Ann. I can relate very well to what you are experiencing. My scale hasn't moved in the downward direction since the day I started at the gym. It certainly has moved up though! I could recite the things that we both already know. Such as: muscle weighs more than fat, our bodies are adjusting to the increased activity, not eating enough will put our bodies in starvation mode, etc. We both know all of those things. But it's still hard to handle that scale moving in the wrong direction when we are working so hard. I doubt you are eating too much. I don't think I am either. I haven't changed my eating that much since I started working out. I did add a protein bar which adds 250 calories and 21 grams of protein each day. But those are calories I need since I've added so much activity to my day. Maybe we just need to look at the gym as a lifestyle change. Just the way we look at our food consumption as a lifestyle change. We eat responsibly because it is the right thing to do for our bodies. Maybe we should not tie the gym to our scales and just go because it is the right thing to do for our bodies. What do you think? I have been sick the last three days so Monday was my last workout. I'm home again today but feeling somewhat better. I'll go this afternoon if you go. Deal? Hugs, Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 9/21/06 4:58 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good afternoon, Feeling better overall. I did get myself out to the gym this morning. Just couldn't not go, I'd feel worse. LOL So did about an hour. Came home, mom called and wanted to see if I wanted to go shopping with her and her friend, so they stopped by to pick me up later. So I've kept busy for the good part of the day, Dave home soon, might hit the gym again if he's wanting to go. Hope everyone has been having a decent day. Talk with you later.
sparkles
on 9/21/06 12:01 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Girl.. You and I share a brain.. lol But one thing my trainer taught me.. yes.. muscle weighs more than fat.. but muscle burns fat EVEN when you are sleeping. So.. keep it up. Go to that gym atleast 5 times a week.. work it out.. pump it up and pu****!! You can do it.. and I'm right behind you!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views