My six month update

Rick A.
on 9/20/06 3:50 pm - Far Northern, CA
Where do I begin? I feel great. I am walking an average of 5 miles a day. My weight loss has really slowed down. After my last men's support group meeting I realized I need to focus on a couple of things. I know I have been snacking way too much. I guess any snacking at all is too much. I also have been drinking flavored water which is something my program does not allow. I have been working on these things. I also think I need to increase my protein so I have started having protein drinks again. I can't believe all of the positive comments I have received about my weight loss. It still is hard to get my head wrapped around it. My mind still sees myself as a very large person, but the mirror is telling me a different story. I have had to go out and buy clothes again. I have bought more clothes in the last six months then I have in the previous 5 years put together. I stole the next few comments from someone else, but I felt that they applied to me as well: I feel like the scales are lying and I really haven't loss all of this weight, all the clothes in every store are mis-marked because there is NO WAY I can fit into these smaller sizes. I feel like that tomorrow morning the scale is going to reveal the truth and it will show my pre-op weight. I can't believe how much better my smaller body fits into the booths at restaurants. My current weight is 216 pounds and I have lost 123 pounds and 75 inches since I began this journey. Life is not only good it is grand. Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories, frustrations and encouragement. Rick
jomamma
on 9/20/06 4:15 pm - Palmdale, CA
Congratulations Rick. It is wonderful to read how happy you are, it really shines through your words. Keep up the great job, I guess it can only get better!! The weight is coming off really slow now for me too. In fact, for some reason I am up FOUR pounds, and that kills me!! Now it will take a week to get that off, the body does weird things!!
jennb40
on 9/20/06 8:58 pm - Nashua, NH
WOW Rick - you look ma-ve-lus.....and 5 miles a day - you go guy! It is so encouraging to all of us to hear these success stories...keep up the good work! Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 9/20/06 9:20 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations Rick, you are doing a great job. Thank you for sharing your 6 month story and thoughts with us.
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/20/06 11:24 pm - My Town, NH
Rick, congratulations on all of your success. I'm so glad you feel great! Thanks, also, for sharing your six months of successes and struggles with us. Keep up the great work! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 9/21/06 1:56 am - Columbia, MD
Congratulations Rick. You are doing so great. It sounds like you are feeling so much better and enjoying your new self, even if you can't really believe it sometimes. I totally understand. Wow, 123 lbs is just amazing. You should be so proud. Don't worry, you are keeping yourself in check with your exercise and nutrition so you won't be waking up and seeing the scale read your pre-op weight...ever again! Keep up the good work. Robin
Mary M.
on 9/23/06 4:55 am - Livonia, MI
Great job Rick. You look awfully young to have a grandson! Keep up the great and hard work! I agree with you about the mind set, it is so different to buy smaller sizes and actually have them fit. WOW! I guess we are putting all our extra energy into shopping. I feel much better about shopping now, we can buy what we like instead of what will fit. Good Luck on your continued success, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views