OT: Latest Cake

Darlene X
on 9/21/06 12:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Had class again last night, learned drop flowers... the star ones are fine, but I had issues with the smoother petal ones.. ah well. Im having such a blast!!!! I think the cake turned out cute.... I like the flower colours against the chocolate butter cream. http://imageevent.com/endkennels/personalphotos/cakes I delivered it to my MIL this morning for all the ladies at her work, so Im anxiously waiting on a report for the taste.... I need to do some practicing this week
Mama-of-3
on 9/21/06 2:28 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Neat-O! Do you have a receipe for a SF frosting I can use? Something simple. TIA
JenWilBeSkinE
on 9/21/06 4:57 am - Peculiar, MO
THere are some on the recipe board and there are some on Bairatricriceeating.com (totally spelled wrong) But its SUsan Maria website. I don't have any idea how they taste though.
Darlene X
on 9/21/06 5:00 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im sure I could find SF versions..... but nothing you could probably use for cake decorating.... I gotta stick with the full fat, full sugar recipes hehe
BabyRuth2u
on 9/21/06 5:02 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Another great cake! You are so making me want to go take these classes! Let me ask you.. do you bake the cake's there? Do they supply them, or do you bring in two ie: 9" round cake layers to class with you? Keep up the good work and practice! You are doing so great, eventually you'll be a magnificent pro!!
Darlene X
on 9/21/06 5:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
You bake, make the frosting and frost the cake at home before class. You take your butter cream & frosted cake to class, and they teach you techniques etc, how to do stuff and you decorate the cake in class.
Darlene X
on 9/21/06 5:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well I got pretty good taste reviews too! I gave it to my Mother in law this morning, and she shared it with all the ladies in her office... this is what she sent me: "Rave reviews from everyone at my work! My co-workers all say thank you for the cake, they love it. It tastes as good as it looks. Some of the remarks have been "Wow, she had to have made this from scratch...it is sooo moist." "It looks professional" "how did she get it so flat?" "It is darling!" "When is she making another one?" That makes me happy, esp seeing I don't really taste my cakes... that worries me a little LOL
Mary M.
on 9/23/06 4:46 am - Livonia, MI
Wow! What works of art. They are too pretty to eat and that is the good part. Are we gonna see you on the food network Ace of Cakes in the future? I have no talent for baking. I have tried and failed. But thats ok, I have other talents. Keep up the good work, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views