6 MONTHS TODAY :)

Darlene X
on 9/20/06 1:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys, Today is my 6 month surgerversary, so I figured I'd write up a post. I can't believe how time flies, I honestly cant even believe it's been 6 months since surgery. Things are going well, as of today I am -122lbs, I was 338lbs prior to surgery, wearing a size 26/28..... Today I am 216lbs, wearing 18's, but fitting into 16's now too... I just can't afford to buy more clothes in 16's, so I'll wear my 18's and hopefully skip straight into 14's. Its hard to say whether I feel better--- I struggle a lot with head issues, I still see myself extremely fat.... and because I didnt have major health issues prior to surgery, I feel the same a lot of days.... but I know there is progress. Before surgery I always had high blood pressure... since surgery my blood pressure has been completely normal. Certain women issues have regulated, and that gives me so much hope about getting pregnant in the future... I hiked on the weekend for 2 & 1/2 hours, and almost 5 miles... amazing! I actually kind of like having pictures taken of me now. Im only about 9lbs from only being "overweight" I have about 46lbs to go.... so here's hoping I can post at my 1 year and be at goal Darlene 338/216/170
robinsaxton
on 9/20/06 3:11 am - Columbia, MD
Happy Surgiversary Darlene! You are doing so well. You should be so proud of yourself. I know that you will hit your goal by 1 year cuz you are really working hard. You look wonderful too. Congratulations! Robin
BabyRuth2u
on 9/20/06 5:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Happy Surgerversary to you.. Happy Surgerversary to you.. Happy Surgerversary Darlene... Happy Surgerversary to you!!! Now blow out the candles on your protein!!! LOL You have done fantastic and should be so thrilled and proud. You look great, believe it!! Keep up that walking and have fun!!
kimbaby74
on 9/20/06 6:45 am - Western, KY
Happy surgeversary Darlene! It's my six month too! So much of what you've said applies to me too. I still struggle with the head issues and its taken me so long to realize that even though I see myself as still really fat, I look at the scale and realize that I"m just overweight...like just about everyone else in America. It's nice to be so much closer to normal than before. I feel very fortunate that I was blessed enough to have this surgery, as I feel better physically and emotionally. Yes, I still miss eating like I used to (all the sweets and carbs) but I realize that's probably what made me fat to begin with. (That and not exercising!) I've realized that its worth going without some of the foods that had become my favorites to meet my goals and have a better life. I've gone from a size 28-30 to 18-20. I started at 359 and am now 237 (total 122 lbs lost). I'm 47 lbs from my doctors goal of 190 and 87 lbs away from my ultimate goal of 150 (that's just a starting point...I don't know how I'd look at that weight!) I feel confident that you will reach your goal by 1 year. It seemed in the past you were so far ahead of me as far as how much you had lost compared to me and I wondered if you even ate at all!! But my body finally decided to start losing at a quicker rate (and I started being very strict with my doctor's plan). Congratulations on your loss!! Kim 359/237/150
Sondra J. S.
on 9/20/06 9:13 am - Show Low, AZ
It's my surgery twin!!!! Hi, I had a blast talking to you last night, but just had to call and congrat you on your hike!! he hee.. Well, we, of course share the same surgery date, even though mine was at 1:30pm, lol. I have went from a 26/28 to a 16/18 in just the 6 months. You my dear are a lot taller than I am, my surgeon said he'd like to see me at between 140-160, that's fine with me, he also said I'm no longer morbidly obese, just overweight...WOOT!!!! lol Love all ya, Sondra!!!! 313/213/150 313 is what surgeon said was what I weighed the day of surgery, 213 is what I weighed at the surgeon's office, but at my house on my scale it says 207 hmmmm and our scale was just bought a couple months ago. and 150 is my target goal!!!! GO ALL OF US GO!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/20/06 11:27 pm - My Town, NH
Darlene, happy six months to you! You've done very well. Your goal weight is definitely in sight. Keep up the great work! - Stephanie
Mary M.
on 9/23/06 5:00 am - Livonia, MI
Happy half- rebirthday to you! You really look fantastic! Only 9 pounds from being overweight is just amazing. It's so weird the things we can celebrate! We can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Congrats, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views