Hi / Quick Q about Chicometrics

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/06 7:13 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi everyone! It has been so long since I posted, but just last week I started reading again and vowed to jump in and say Hi real soon. I am about a week and 1/2 away from my 6 month anniv so I will definitely be posting next Saturday with my official stats and an updated profile w/ new pictures since mine are really old. Please know I have become re-motivated in every area (eating right, protein, working out, etc) from reading about how well all of you are doing! Dang, yal are working it and it clearly shows!!! Thanks so much for being so candid and honest with your success and struggles as it truly does help others like me. Meanwhile, I did want to ask you all about Chicometrics. I've read in the past how some of you have used it and really like it. As I approach my 6 month mark I am really committed to adding more strength and muscle toning to my existing cardio (heading our for a step class in 20 minutes). For those of you who have tried it - how do you like it? Is it really difficult? How long before you can get through the whole tape? I already ordered it and it should be here by Saturday. I just wanted to hear some things from you all. Thanks and continue to do your thing! Love, Monica
Mama-of-3
on 9/19/06 2:27 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Monica, When I ordered the DVD, it was here in 2 days. I did the basic workout (golden is sitting in a chair the entire time) and I was SORE as all get out for 2 days after. It gets easier but it will kick your butt the day after you do it. My thighs hurt the worst, but even my neck hurt! It's an hour long so be prepared. Just when you think it's done......it's not! haha Let us know how you like it. Trish
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/06 11:23 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thanks so much! I'm actually really looking forward to it so I will definitely let you know how it goes! I need to feel "the burn" of getting these little muscles worked out! Have a good day, Monica
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/19/06 9:42 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Monica, I don't have any info about Chicometrics but just wanted to say congrats on all of your success and I can't wait to see your new photos! Six months has flown by. Good luck with the Chicometrics! - Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/06 11:25 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thanks Stephanie. I feel so good with the weight I have lost and know I am only going to feel better as the months roll by. Look for an update this weekend! Monica P.S. Congratulations on how well you're doing!!!
jennb40
on 9/19/06 10:08 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Monica, I have the Chicometrics DVD and I love it! We do it twice a week (hubby and I) and go to the YMCA twice a week for cardio and do walking the other days - well at least until it gets freezing cold! Right now we are doing the golden version that is done totally in a chair - mainly because we are old!!!! But I just got off the phone and ordered one for my friend in TN and talked to the girl - that is in the video -for quite a while. She said the chair version and the other (basic) version both target all the muscles in your body. It is a workout for sure. We are doing good with the chair version and are seriously thinking about switching to the basic version. I do feel like it is helping to build muscle and with losing inches. What started out 4 weeks ago being hard is getting a bit easier - mainly because we are working all those muscles! I didn't start measuring prior to starting the video because my doctor's office measures you every 6 months. But the video even shows you the correct way to measure yourself. In talking to the girl this morning when I ordered another one, she was telling me about a lady who went from a size 22 to an 18 in about 2 months - and she didn't have the surgery - just from doing the video and some cardio workouts and a bit of dieting. So I think you would like it - you do it at home and the $29 it costs is one good night out at a restaurant! Let me know if you like it. Barbara
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/06 11:29 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thanks Barbara. I am looking forward to the challenge. So if I understand you correctly, the version I ordered is the one you have which has both workouts, right? So you can start out with the chair and progress to the other basic workout on the same DVD? I've heard really good things about it and am anxious to see if it can help me, especially in my problem areas (thighs, big ole' behind!) If I like it I'm thinking it might be a good Christmas gift for a few of my girlfriends "in the struggle!" Congratulations on your success thus far! Monica
jennb40
on 9/20/06 12:44 am - Nashua, NH
Hey Monica, you want to order the 2 in 1 DVD - which has the basic and golden versions. You have to call or email your order because they don't do it on line, but she will tell you about it when you call. I just happen to have the phone number - it is 515-663-9473 - I only have it because I ordered one this morning for my best friend in Tennessee. Hope you enjoy it! Barbara
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/06 1:58 am - Baltimore, MD
That's the one I ordered. Thanks again Barbara. I hope to have as much success with it as you all have! Have a good day, Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views