Recipe: Chicken Scampi

Darlene X
on 9/18/06 3:00 am - Maricopa, AZ
INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon dried parsley 1 teaspoon dried basil 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 3 cloves garlic, minced 3/4 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon lemon juice 4 boneless chicken breast halves, sliced lengthwise into thirds -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIRECTIONS: In a skillet heat the butter or margarine and oil over medium high until the butter/margarine melts. Add the parsley, basil, oregano and garlic and salt and mix together in the skillet. Stir in lemon juice. Then add the chicken and saute for about 3 minutes or until white. Lower the heat and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. More butter/margarine can be added if needed.
BabyRuth2u
on 9/18/06 4:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
How did you know I put out chicken breasts for dinner tonight? I wasn't sure what to do with them, might just give this a try. I think I have everything but the lemon juice. I think it'll be yummy without it. THanks!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/18/06 4:48 am - My Town, NH
Yum. I've never done this with chicken. What a great idea! Chicken is on the menu for this week and I'll have to give this a shot. I also have turkey cutlets on the menu. I bet it would work with those too. Thanks! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views