Anyone else NOT dump?

thin2be
on 9/17/06 8:12 am - Houston, TX
Hi! I don't dump either--at least on small amounts of sugar. I was diabetic, and I had some blood sugar issues early on. I had a sugar count of 28 in my classroom with my kiddos and I ate the peanut M&Ms that was my Perfect Attendance reward! My sugar came up after a few minutes, and I felt fine. I did not get sick at all. (It was only a snack pack) I have tasted a bite or two of cake, and I felt a little nauseous, but I have only thrown up when I eat too fast. I also feel like I can eat more than I should. I feel almost normal, and I can eat small amounts of anything. I have to concentrate on getting enough protein and water. I also have to focus on NOT drinking with meals, which I tend to do if I am around other people when I eat. I have lost 87 pounds since the start, but I have not lost like others, and I am so worried I won't get it all off. AND, I have loose skin. I feel the muscles underneath the skin, but the skin is wobbly and ugly. I was prepared for an ugly tummy after four pregnancies and years of obesity, but my legs and arms are much worse than I expected. Exercise is building muscle, but not tightening the skin. It does seem like we're all having a moment of anxiety at this six month mark. I do thank you for the post, because I thought I was the only one. Hearing from you all helps me so much more than you can possibly know! Phyllis Minus 7 inches in the bust, 8 inches in the waist, 11.5 inches in the hips, 3 inches in each thigh, 2 inches in each calf, and 3 inches off my arms. Whee!!!!!!!!
RebekaA
on 9/17/06 12:22 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Phyllis, you're doing great, you've lost a ton of inches. you look awesome. It's so great to know it's not just me who feels this way. I felt so gipped (sp?) thinking it was just me. As for the flabbies which I have too, I tell myself that I'd rather have the loose skin, which I can cover up, than the tight skin I had from being so overstuffed
miminjoey
on 9/17/06 10:43 am - Fort Bragg, NC
very few things make me sick heck I can eat cookies and even had some lemon pound cake the other night...granted i hate 3 bites but still....and i know i cn eat too much my doc even told me so so i am back to weighing and stop at 4 oz even if I am not full.
Beckers
on 9/17/06 2:38 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Bek- I know you're disappointed that you're not throwing up or crapping... lol but... STOP OBSESSING girlfriend! You have dropped a ton of weight and are looking great! Slow and steady DOES win the race! You say you sometimes feel like you never had the surgery, but remember when we ate at that fish place???? You swallowed a bite of su****oo quickly and ended up in the bathroom!! So, see? You had the surgery!! *hugs* Bec
RebekaA
on 9/17/06 2:54 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Shut up skinny! j/k thanks sweetie. I know, I know. I'm really glad I've had you (and all the Marchers=) to go thru this experience with!!! I appreciate all the support and advice I've gotten thru the months. You guys keep me going. Rebeka
robinsaxton
on 9/18/06 2:14 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Rebeka. I just saw your post this morning. I have "mild" dumping but only when I over do it. This weekend I ate three cookies (bakery size not store bought sizes). I had to eat them over several hours. I started with about 1/2 of a cookie, then I ate the other half a couple of hours later. I think I would have been fine if I had eaten the whole thing but know that if I had tried to eat two then I would have been in trouble. I have dumped over a single serving bag of baked chips, a serving of tortillia chips and a tablespoon of regular jelly on my cottage cheese. I don't throw-up when I dump and only get diarreaha when I eat foods that are too high in fat. (yep, nothing fried for me thanks!) My dumping feeling consists of getting really light headed and dizzy and shakey and nauseaus. I have to lie down and rest for about an hour from this feeling. Oh, I get really hot and sweaty too. Kinda like one of my moms hot flashes. I am grateful that I don't have worse symptoms but I too am scared of losing control. Without the restrictions of my pouch I fear I'll go back to my old ways. Especially since lately I am craving more sweets and carbs again. I am just now able to eat low-carb tortillias and I can eat crackers but not potatoes, rice, pasta or other breads. They really swell in my pouch and make me feel terrible, and they will make me dump if I eat too much. But I know that will eventually go away. I just try to really pay attention to what I eat and know that I can resist my cravings (both in my head and physically). I have done it for 6 months now. I allow myself a bit or two and then tell myself that it is enough. It is a change of lifestyle for sure, huh? You are doing great! And you look wonderful! Hugs, Robin
RebekaA
on 9/18/06 2:55 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks Robin! The only time I felt a little sick was also over fatty food. I ate a fatty pork rib and felt uncomfortable and my stomach was a little upset, but no big deal. One other time I tried 1/2 cup of cereal that had a ton of carbs and I got the big "D" shortly after. So that was good at least. Cereal was a major comfort food for me before. I was hoping for more "behavior modification" for me with the dumping, but I'll take what I can get I try to focus on that I do feel full now, which I never did before. My biggest problem was not eating bad food, it was portion control--I had none. I just never felt full and I always overate. So I try to think that I can still get what I need from this even if I don't dump. Just a thought about your cravings being back....How's your protein intake and carb levels? I find as soon as I let too many carbs back in my cravings come back almost instantly. Thanks for your reply!
robinsaxton
on 9/18/06 3:01 am - Columbia, MD
You hit the nail on the head with the protein and carbs thing. When I am not eating enough protein I tend to want other things. For the past week I was really bored with my food so I ended up picking at some things, a bit of cookie, a taste of chex mix, a few crackers. This keeps me from getting hungry so I don't really eat a "meal" when I should. I too like that I get full now. I don't overeat cuz it really hurts & I hate the nausea. So we really do have some restrictions that will help us change our ways.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views