Okay, Everyone! Give me your list of Goals Reached!

thin2be
on 9/17/06 8:21 am - Houston, TX
It seems like we've all hit a little wall at our six month mark. So what if I didn't make it to 100 pounds? I have had a million Wow Moments and I reached some goals I had. *Fit on all of the amusement park rides on vacation *Went to a water park with my family *Able to work in the yard and tolerate heat *DO NOT snore (I am sure I never did, but my family disagrees) *Normal blood sugar *Can wear normal sized pants (still in plus tops) *Can cross my legs and sit in odd positions (comfortably) *Can get up and down off the floor in my classroom (easily) *Have no more hip pain after driving long distances *Heel spur is gone! *Blood pressure is normal *My face looks normal--not so fat *I am not the biggest person in the room What do you have to brag about? Phyllis
jengotslimin06
on 9/17/06 11:46 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I love this idea. Here is my list * I can wear a seatbelt in the car. * I can shop in the regular sized section of the store. * No one stairs at me when we go to the buffet * Can chase my kids around and play with them * I can fit into a chair that has arms * I am able to work again * I can cross my legs * I was able to ride on all the rides at Disneyland * When I dance my body all moves in the same direction * This year for Halloween I can dress up a naught nurse * This year I won't be playing Santa for the kids * I can fit into a group photo I could really go on forever, we should all give ourselves a pat on the back.
jennb40
on 9/17/06 9:09 pm - Nashua, NH
What a fun post! Some of my WOW moments: *I had to pull the seat up in the car - stomach shrinking! *Movie seats got bigger I guess - more room in there! *I love sitting in booths in restaurants - much softer on the smaller butt! *The only snoring in our bed now is the pugs!! (maybe a little from hubby) *Wearing New England Patriot's t-shirt that has been tucked away for years. *Using stalls in the bathroom besides the handicapped one (which is usually cleaner) *Normal blood sugar (3 month AIC 5.7) *All blood work great at 6 month checkup *Get up and down from the floor with my granddaughter *Walking and exercise - fun - not so painful! *My office desk chair got bigger too - sides don't hit the butt anymore. *Cheaper eating out - split meals with the hubby. *Oh yeah, airline seats got bigger also and they made bigger seat belts! Thanks Phyllis - good positive posts - we have all been a bit blah around this 6 month anniversary and we need to concentrate more on the good things that have happened and will continue to happen as our journey continues. No telling what WOW's we will post at a year! Barbara
dajohnson50
on 9/17/06 11:57 pm - Summerville, SC
Great post!! You are so right for us to focus on what we can brag about! Thanks. * Just went through boxes and boxes of old clothes and now I can wear things I have not worn in many, many years but just happen to be in style now. It was like Christmas! * I am off several medications that I was taking for high cholesterol, high blood pressure etc. All blood work is coming back great and my blood pressure is normal all on its own! * Every Sunday at church I seem to get more and more compliments about how great I am looking. Compliments are great and as far as my looks I can't remember the last time I had them. * I am actually looking forward to seeing my coworkers when i go to New Hampshire next week and they see me 75+ lbs lighter instead of me being ashamed at myself for not controlling my eating and they seeing me fatter and fatter each time I came. (Work out of my home and work remote so only see my coworkers about once every 6 months or so). * Sitting in one of the chairs at the doctors office for my 6 month check up last week and noticing all the space left in the chair!! Thanks again Phyllis for your post! Debbie
rowEn
on 9/18/06 1:14 am - Huntsville, AL
Great idea!!! * Regular sizes! Oh my, has this made shopping MUCH more fun! * Being called "skinny"! (I'm not, I'm wearing a size 16!) * Feeling great even when it is 100 degrees and 90% humidity * Wearing clothes that fit rather than trying to find things to hide myself * Discovering cheek and collarbones! * Crossing my legs all the time and not feeling like I have to "hold" my leg in place with my hands. * Exercising on a regular basis actually FEELS good...imagine that! * Being the world's cheapest date since we share meals now * Hitting ONEderland this morning....FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michelle 275/199!!!!!!/??? I still haven't decided how low I want to go, first major goal of 199 hit, now to hit 175 for 100 pounds lost!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/18/06 4:16 am - My Town, NH
Michelle, congratulations on finding ONEderland! We're so proud of you! I hope you did something nice for yourself to celebrate this milestone. - Stephanie
RebekaA
on 9/18/06 2:39 am - Inland Empire, CA
Great topic! Thanks for reminding me to focus on how far I've come rather than how far I have left to go! Some of mine are repeats, but I'll post them anyway. *wrap a normal size towel around me! *have energy! *cross my legs too! *be able to work out without being racked with pain during/afterwards. walk into the gym w/confidence! *go to the beach w/my family! *feel pretty again *not always be the fattest person in the room! *actually get in FRONT of the camera again instead of always BEHIND it!!! *see those pics and not cringe in horror! *run up and down the stairs in my house several times a day and have it not be a big deal. *ALL THE PRETTY NEW CLOTHES *wearing something besides BLACK all the time. *not having to look at chairs and think "will that hold me? what if I break it?" YAY Marchers! Happy 6 months!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/18/06 4:22 am - My Town, NH
Phyllis, what a great idea! Here's my list. * Not being the largest one in the room * Wearing smaller sizes with far more options * Exercising and NOT dying after three minutes * Feeling more in control with regard to food * Flying without seatbelt extenders * Sleeping a lot less, doing a lot more * More self confidence * Taking better care of me These are a few of mine. Thanks for helping us focus on some of the positive things while we deal with the six month slump! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views