Hi family its been awhile

sexysweetsweet69
on 9/17/06 3:45 am - Milwaukee, WI
I am having such a hard time with my surgery. I prayed and prayed for the surgery. It was such a struggle for me to get the surgery after being denied by my insurance company for 2 1/2 years. After all the appealing I did my loving partner put me on her insurance, I was then approved in 2 days. I am having the hardest time staying motivated. I found unlike most people I don't dump, I can have chocolate, cake anything. I did dump once off of cinnamon toast crunch cereal with bananas. I am so depressed because when i had surgery which was 3/23/2006 , I was 431 pounds, I lost 30 Pounds before surgery, my surgery weight was 401. I am now down 300 Pounds which is such a blessing, i was so excited about my surgery i was doing great, I then had a slip and fell in radio shack, and had to wear a cast for 2 months, I could't wouk out, in that 2 month peroid I only lost 5 pounds. I feel so cheated. Now when I read the post from my fellow marcher, you guys are just doing awesome I just feel depressed. I have started back to the ymca, I do 45 minutes on the eliptical for 3 times out of the week. I have been at a stand still with my weight, I have been trying and trying to get under 300, for 4 weeks I just can't get there. I just don't know what to do. I know my pouch has stretched, because I can eat a smartone frozen dinner which is 10 oz. I can eat the whole thing. I just really needs some support to get back on track please help.
luckycat1
on 9/17/06 5:41 am - Cincinnati, OH
Congrats on your weight loss. O.K. 6 months out and now you are struggling--so is everyone else. Do not be so hard on yourself. Just think you have lost over 100 lbs. in almost 6 months. That is amazing. Have you been to your doctor to make sure you do not have any macanhical failure if you feel you are eating too much? You ned to make sure that you are tracking your food. Keep the sugary foods out of the house if you do not dump that way you will not be tempted. I dump on sugar and greasy high fatty foods so that is a good thing- (I love baked goods -brownies, cookies etc.). Keep healthy snacks in the house. You can have some FF Pringles they only have 70 cal for 15 chips if you want a salty snack. Try the 100 calorie packs of teddy grahams they only have like 6 grms of sugar. You have to start making better food choices. Track your food remember protein 1st and drink your water. Starting back into exercise is a good thing. Good luck on your journey. MJ
BabyRuth2u
on 9/17/06 7:29 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi, i think MJ gave you some great things to try and do. You are as we are only 6 months out, you still have lots of weightloss time left. We are all struggling right now with the lbs to come off. They are coming off slower and slower. We do also have weeks with no weightloss. I'm at least in my 3rd week if not 4th of being the same weight, perhaps a change of 2 to 4 tenths of a lb. but that's it. I just can't get anythign off either. I feel the past few days like I lost, my body feels changed again, but I got on the scale this morning and the exact same weight. I asked DH, what am I suppose to do to make this move?? I just don't know! I don't eat sugar things. I still live in fear. I have had a tiny and I mean tiny nibble of something just to taste, but fear any real bites will make me sick. I dont eat much carbs.. ie: we were out yesterday I had 2 french fries. Im sorry I dont think 2 fries is going to keep me from losing weight. I eat protein and veggies otherwise. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, last week I went every single day, so 5 days and that didnt help anything, scale still the exact same. So our bodies do stop and I guess try to catch up every so often. It can take weeks it seems. Its frustrating as hell.. im trying to be logical but im starting after this long now to get crazy lol You have the tool, you know what you should be doing. Take MJ's advice, go back to some basics and I think you'll see the difference. And as far as eating a smartone frozen dinner, even though its 10 oz.. from what i remember seeing on the cal chart etc.. for the number of calories, fats, protein etc, you should be fine with that. If that is all you ate at your supper meal for example. Good luck!!! Congrats on the 100 plus lbs. that is a great accomplishment..
sexysweetsweet69
on 9/17/06 7:45 am - Milwaukee, WI
Thank you so much for your support.
thin2be
on 9/17/06 8:25 am - Houston, TX
100 pounds is awesome! Barbara posted a while back about protein--try to get 100 grams of protein a day. It kick started my weight loss again. What about drinking with meals? It lets me eat a lot more. BUT, your frustration is the same thing we are all feeling. Stay focused and positive! Are you able to work out again yet? Sending positive thoughts your way. Phyllis
jengotslimin06
on 9/17/06 12:05 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
First let me say, it sounds like your partner is very supportive of you, and that is a good thing. I don't know if this will help you or not, but when I make one of the frozen dinners, as soon as I pull it out of the microwave, I put half of it in a container and put it in the fridge, that way if I eat everything on my plate, I still only ate half the dinner. Also, watch the fluid intake as you eat, it stretches your pouch out. The other thing I have tried to do is eat fruit when I crave sweets. Here is a really yummy snack, take some fat free grahm crackers, crumble them up, on top of that put some sugar free chocolate jello pudding, top with some fresh stawberries and a little whipped cream and you will be in heaven, it is chocolatey, sweet, and not fattening. I have that almost every night before bed to kill my sweet tooth. I also like those sugar free Klondike Bars, they are pretty good. When all else fails, cuddle up with the one you love and know that there is someone out there who loves you just as you are. Good luck.
RebekaA
on 9/17/06 3:19 pm - Inland Empire, CA
You poor thing! How terrible! Well the good news is, that's behind you now and you can get back on program!!! Don't sweat what happened in the past, just focus on where you can go from here! And LOOK HOW FAR YOU'VE COME despite your two months down! Just think, 100#'s ago I bet there was no way you could be on that elliptical for 45 min! You're off to a great start already just getting back to the exercise. As far as your eating, go back to basics: protein first, ton's of water, vits... You can do this. I think the last two months have been frustrating all around for Marchers, many have been stalling and experiencing slower losses too. So we can all understand. As for your being stuck, have you measured, maybe you're losing inches? My advice would be to put away the scale for a bit. Focus on eating right and exercising, and mix up your workouts so your body doesn't get used to the one thing. As far as your being able to eat too much. Go back to measuring your food and eat only that. Just because you CAN eat more, doesn't mean you have to. You're in control now, you still have the tool. Make sure you're protein levels are high, go easy on the carbs; I find that curbs my hunger and cravings. HTH a little. Keep us posted. and keep your chin up! Remember, when you feel down--look how far you've come! Rebeka
jennb40
on 9/17/06 8:53 pm - Nashua, NH
Everybody above this post has given great advice and I don't have much to add to their advice - they are all on target. Many of us are 6 months out and we still haven't lost 100 lbs. - we are all getting there and some closer than others, while some of us have lost more than 100 lbs. Each of our bodies and ages contribute to how much weight we will lose in the first 6 months. Sometimes it is fun to compare and great to know how everybody else is doing, but then sometimes it makes you crazy to know some have lost more than you!!!! All I can say is just follow the rules, think how miserable you were before surgery, be thankful for the tool you have been given - knowing it is ONLY a tool and most of the success we have is because we make the right choices. If you do nothing else, just get your protein, water and vitamins in and skip the bad carbs whenever possible. Does your Y have water aerobics? I am doing that twice a week and love it! Best of luck, and keep making those GOOD choices....you will do this and we are all here for support. Barbara
dajohnson50
on 9/18/06 12:45 am - Summerville, SC
Hi, It has been awhile for me too! My first post was last week. Try to keep with us.. I believe that this will be the answer to success or failure. Already I took one of the posters advice and am starting to see weight come off again. As Phyllis said, the answer seems to be the protein. I switched from Cheez-its to Soy Crisps as was recommended and have already seen a 2lb weight loss!! I know how easy it is to fall into depression. That is something I seem to deal with daily. Just focus on your achievements and it will help. You have so much to be proud of. You are exercising (some thing I have NOT been doing but am starting to make steps to start). Don't try to compare yourself to everyone else.. we are all different. It is wonderful that you have support at home and you have it here too. You have so much to be proud of.. remember that!! 100 pounds is fantastic.. you getting exercise is fantastic.. Great job!! Keep posting.. we all need each other! Debbie
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/18/06 4:15 am - My Town, NH
Just wanted to say thanks for giving us an update on your progress. This month has been hard for everyone it seems! I know I'm struggling myself. You're doing very well. We just need to try to stay positive through these tougher times. Keep following the rules. You'll get there! Stay positive! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views