Morning!

BabyRuth2u
on 9/15/06 11:30 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning everyone, What's everyone planning? Anything exciting? Are you planning to be active? I have tossed around this morning whether or not I should go to the gym. I am thinking that I have gone 5 days in a row, that taking a day off from the gym might not be a bad idea. But DH and I are planning some activity today. The past two weekends we have gone to the driving range so he could practice his swing. In the past I hit a few of his, but it was hard for me with all the fat and wideness of my shoulders and chest. But these past two weeks since Im smaller now I got some balls to tried again, it was much better. So I've got in a little practice. This place has a 9 hole course, called a Pitch and Putt I think, so today we are planning on going golfing. This should be interesting. LOL It's suppose to be a beautiful weekend here so we want to take advantage of it while we can. I guess I'm off now to see if I have any checkered pants, golf ball polo shirts and a cap to sport as I take on the golfing world. LOL Have a great weekend!
Laura A.
on 9/16/06 10:26 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Ruth Ann... I was at the gym at 6am today. Today was a workout for my walk/jog training program. Today I remembered my IPod scrambler. What a difference....I had something to take my attention away from watching the clock during the jog portions. The last 10 minutes of today's 50 minute workout were really hard for me. But about that time "Pump It" by the Black Eyed Peas came on and I got some renewed energy. I played that song twice to help get me through those rough last few minutes. Laura A.
BabyRuth2u
on 9/16/06 11:53 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, music does make a difference. I had bought a small radio player, but it's not strong enough to pick up much the way our gym is set up. I get like two stations and they would go in and out. But when I did get music yes it was great, it really kept you pumped and going. And as you had experienced just when you'd need it something really moving, energy like would come on and get you through that last bit when you were just ready to give up! My gym is in a lower level underneath a strip mall of stores, so basically a basement, so the radio didnt work well. Maybe a more expensive one, I dont know. They do have tv's all around and you are getting distracted by that, and it helps. I know sometimes I'll look down on the treadmill and still have 15 mins to go and Im like ugh.. but then the next thing I know im down to 5 mins and i can push on!! Great job and keep it up!!
sparkles
on 9/17/06 1:37 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Ya know.. I ran my plans by my physical trainer.. he liked them.. I'll share them with you too.... Monday- Trainer session!! Cardio 30 minutes Strength training 1 hour Tuesday- Yoga (possible cardio for 30 minutes before) Wednesday- Cardio 30 minutes Strength training 1 hour Thursday- Short circuit (its a circle of several stations with different activities that you do for 1 minute each.. I dunno much about it yet.. gotta check it out) Cardio 30 minutes afterwards if it doesnt kill me Friday- 30 minutes of cardio Belly Dancing class On the weekends, I enjoy my time away from the gym. My hubby n I spend time together at theme parks, Downtown Disney, the mall, or with friends. On monday though, you better believe I'm back at it!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views