Turkey Taco Salad

Darlene X
on 9/15/06 5:52 am - Maricopa, AZ
INGREDIENTS: Nonstick olive oil cooking spray 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (optional) 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn 1 cup bottled salsa 1/4 cup water 5 cups shredded lettuce 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIRECTIONS: Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Cook ground turkey in hot skillet about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Stir in beans (if desired), corn, salsa, and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors. Line 4 salad bowls or plates with lettuce. Top with hot turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
BabyRuth2u
on 9/15/06 9:14 am - Pittsburgh, PA
That sounds yummy. We have that every so often. I dont do the beans, just my meat whether its beef or turkey. Then top it with the other stuff. Always a quick dinner fix and very tasty!!
Mary M.
on 9/15/06 1:15 pm - Livonia, MI
sounds good! I love quick easy and nutritious. thanks, Mary
Mary M.
on 9/15/06 1:15 pm - Livonia, MI
sounds good! I love quick easy and nutritious. thanks, Mary
dajohnson50
on 9/18/06 1:53 am - Summerville, SC
Thanks. It sounds great! I have been looking for recipes that I can cook for just my husband and myself that are high in protein and something I would enjoy. This sounds like the perfect meal. Have you ever tried a Bart's Chili? It is basically a salad with chili on top. It used to be on the Waffle House menu. My husband loves it and so I tried it at home. Since I become full so quickly I didn't have the salad part -- just the chili. It worked out perfectly. I believe this taco salad will be something else along that line to try. Thanks again. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views