Ok, a couple of WOW's

Darlene X
on 9/14/06 2:40 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive been stuck in a funk lately, feeling pretty depressed... so i figure maybe posting some WOW's might help. This weekend I was up in Flagstaff visiting my sister in law & her husband, who just had a baby, my mother in law was also there, and tried on a pair of pants a lady had given me from our support group... and they officially fit, my first 16's!!!!!!!!!!! I went out and bragged to everyone... 3 weight loss surgery patients who could totally relate... and then my brother in law... I felt a little weird with that cause his sisters are stick skinny size 0-2's... but he was happy for me, and met my sister in law when she was still losing, so everytime she dropped a size it was a happy thing. Then, at support group Tuesday we went out for dinner, and a long term member (Like he went to our support group for like 18 months before he even had surgery) asked me if I was at goal now LOL. I laughed! It was funny, but he thought I looked tall and thin.... I let him know I still have 46lbs to go, but it was a nice compliment. Ok, thats it for now... need to get out of this funk.... Darlene -122lbs
sparkles
on 9/14/06 2:52 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Yay Darlene, Thats awesome!! Keep the positives around.. I've been in a funk lately too.. and tend to shy away when I am.. I refuse to post a ton of sad stuff... cuz I dont want anyone else to get down.. but we miss you and hope things get better!! You are doing great!! Amy
Darlene X
on 9/14/06 4:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Amy... yeah I tend to shy away when im in a funk too, so I havent been posting much. You look fabulous btw Darlene
luckycat1
on 9/14/06 3:22 am - Cincinnati, OH
that is great! wow a since 16. Can't wait ntil I can get in 16's. take care and congrats on the 122 lbs. mj
BabyRuth2u
on 9/14/06 4:10 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Darlene, good to see you!!! And in my opinion, the compliment that gentleman at your support group gave you is the best there ever could be!! We've seen pics and you look great but its been a month or two since then, you must be even more amazing now!!!! That had to make you feel great! That is a funk getter outter if you ask me!!! WooHoo you skinny thang you!!
Darlene X
on 9/14/06 4:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Ruth, Yeah it was the most awesome compliment so far, because I still see myself so fat and ugly... and for someone to think I was close to goal.....it kind of helps me realize that maybe others are seeing me in a different way. Actually at my SIL's baby shower, her Mother in law came... and never said anything to me, but my SIL said when she got home she went on about how nice and thin I looked.... that was nice to hear too... cause sometimes when people compliment you to your face, you write it off and think they are just saying it cause your there and they "have" to... but for her to be talking about how good I looked to someone else, with me not there... that made me feel good. Darlene
Laura A.
on 9/14/06 5:11 am - Manteca, CA
Darlene...what wonderful compliments you're getting!!! I totally know what you mean about people saying things directly to you....I sometimes wonder are they being sincere or are they just being polite??? I'm soooo glad to see you back on the March board. I've really missed you, as I know many others have too. I'm envious of your 16's......... Laura A.
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/15/06 12:07 am - My Town, NH
Congratulations Darlene! It's great to get comments from others but it's even better to fit into size 16s! Enjoy those pants! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views