Feeling Ugly

eliza
on 9/13/06 2:13 am - fresno, CA
Okay so I have lost 81lbs! I am happy about the weight loss but i feel ugly the skin is nasty I can hardley see the changes for the fact I stare at the skin. Is any one else feeling this way? I could use a pep talk. lizzey
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/13/06 3:20 am - My Town, NH
Lizzey, I'm right there with you. I was looking at myself in the mirror today and was so critical! I wish I could see how far I've come instead of focusing on how far I still have to go. Ugh! I'm just trying to hang in there and hoping I can get over it. You hang in there too! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 9/13/06 3:28 am - Columbia, MD
Lizzey, Sad to say but yes, I know how you feel. I look at how loose my thighs are and just get totally depressed about it. I used to shake a lot anyway but now it's even worse since I am so...loose is the only way I know how to describe it. My thighs slap together when I walk so if I don't have on hose or pants it is really loud. When I don't wear a bra (in my jammies) my boobs slap up and down when I go up and down the stairs. Its awful! Just keep in mind that you are in the middle of this journey. You are still losing and have done a wonderful job with losing 81 lbs!!!. The skin can be fixed, should you so desire, later on. You are still in your journey. It's like getting to the in-between stage of wanting to grow your hair out. It'll all be worth it in the end! Wear clothes that compliment your body type. I have to still wear certain kinds of clothes since my hips are so wide. You are beautiful and are getting more beautiful every day. Chin up darlin! Hugs, Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 9/13/06 4:48 am - North of Boston, MA
I know what you mean about the loose skin its happening to me too I've been using St. Ives firming cream on my neck and it seems to be helping some what (it isn't a miracle lotion, but it seems like there isnt as much sag). The arms are a lost cause until I've hit my goal and plastic surgery happens, but as for the stomach area..... I bought shapewear at the Avenue in all colors and they're a godsend. They really help with the flab!! heres the link... http://www.avenue.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=326&langId=-1&cate goryId=17898&catalogId=40000000326&page=1 I bought the hi-waist brief (middle row, first one on the right) they're a little costly, but I'd pay that over being insecure, in public with a fitted shirt and sights of flabby skin!!
miminjoey
on 9/14/06 12:14 am - Fort Bragg, NC
yep called my gf crying yesterday because of it...she was so nice she told me to suck it up and get over it lol....but she meant it in a good way....reassured me off all the good stuff I wasn't focuing on...but I still hate the look of it! Mimi
eliza
on 9/14/06 1:25 am - fresno, CA
You know I've been thinking I dont see any way I'll be able to have plastic surgery, So how can I fix this any way. so I started thinking about body building There is a nutritionist in my area who had gastric bypass 10 years ago and she was huge she has had no plastic surgery I asked her what she did and she did body building like the real big body builders people. she looks awsome and she has guns!! So I think I will look into that andstart studying it. I no I will have skin but whos to say if I start now I wont look that bad?! MIMI I think you look great you dont even look like you need a tummy tuck!~!~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views