Anyone as WEIRD as me??

jomamma
on 9/13/06 1:06 am - Palmdale, CA
Confession Time, and you Marchers are the only ones I feel can relate. Anyone feel like the scales are lying and we really havent loss all this weight? Anyone feel that ALL the clothes in every clothing store is mis-marked because NO WAY can we fit into these smaller sizes? Anyone feel that people are snickering when we are in the "normal size" section, cuz we obviously belong in the PLUS size secrion? ? Anyone look into the mirror and still see the pre-op sized person staring back at you? Anyone feel like tomorrow morning the scale is going to reveal the TRUTH and it will show our pre-op weight? Anyone been on an airplane and the seat belt fit around you with extra belt, and assume that this airline has larger seatbelts and its not because we are smaller. Anyone have ALL their underwear stretch out so much that the butt is hanging down to your knees( couldint possibly be because we are smaller)? Anyone nothce that the movie theaters have BIGGER seats now? Why cant I accept all these things as the truth?? Anyone else's mind as messed up as mine?
BabyRuth2u
on 9/13/06 1:44 am - Pittsburgh, PA
First off let me say you had me laughing my arse off. I think I just lost another 1lb! woohoo.LOL I don't know if I don't believe the scales, I know it's shocking, unbelievable, but I guess that's what I weigh. Do I feel like I weight 220? I don't know, what does that feel like? I pretty much feel like me. And me is normally 350 lbs.. So that is a tough one. But yes, I can relate to the being in regular size areas of clothing in stores and feeling like people are looking at me like I shouldnt be there. I also feel that way sometimes at the gym. I had this thought a few days ago that people are thinking about wow look how big that girl is working out in the gym. I keep feeling like people see me as how I was. I guess thats because I feel thats how I am? I dont know, weird huh? When I was thinking that the other day at the gym I had to think again and tell myself that they see the size me is now, which was kind of weird to comprehend. You are not alone! We are all messed up. LOL
jomamma
on 9/13/06 5:14 am - Palmdale, CA
Ruth, Ive got the solution to our weight loss plateaus. If we each make eachother laugh every day then we could both drop a pound a day from laughing so hard...you start!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/13/06 3:16 am - My Town, NH
JoAnn, I can completely relate. I can't possibly be smaller. Everything else must be larger. I wish I had words of wisdom to share on how to overcome this phenomenon. But I don't. I'm hoping that, in time, I'll finally understand that I am actually smaller! - Stephanie
ddove74
on 9/13/06 6:39 am - Burbank, CA
JoAnn, you have taken my thoughts and memorialized them (hehehe). I thought I was the only one. I feel so lost now, because I was so used to shopping at Lane Bryant. Now, I can go into regular stores? When I walk into a store.....my body is on auto-pilot for the plus size section. The first time I did that, I had to stop myself and say......you can go into the regular section Danielle. It's the strangest thing. YES, I HAVE TO BUY NEW UNDERWEAR Thanks for posting this, it really helps to remember that I'm not alone in this journey. I'm on here fairly often, but hardly reply, that was until I read your message. Sincerely, ~Danielle 329/225/175
jomamma
on 9/13/06 10:07 am - Palmdale, CA
Oh my God Danielle, clothes is another whole topic here. Have you become compulsive about clothes? So many years of only shopping at Avenue and Lane Bryant and now I can go into ANY store and buy clothes...I GO CRAZY!!!! I have replaced my food compulsion with clothes now, its scary at times but boy is it fun to be able to buy anything I want now, and not just what fits!! IT is the strangest thing, morning the loss of Lane Bryant!! Was it a security blanket to us or what???? Keep up the good work
cathelewis
on 9/13/06 8:32 am
I'm just trying to figure out how my husband managed to sneak in a bigger bathtub. Amazing how it fits in the same spot that the old one was....
jomamma
on 9/13/06 10:02 am - Palmdale, CA
How funny, I dont take baths very often but I will have one soon to see if my husband did the same as yours. There was probably a great TWO FOR ONE sale at Home Depot.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views