Silly Question but need an answer!!

jomamma
on 9/12/06 12:44 pm - Palmdale, CA
Ok, since Im nearing the 100 lb loss mark I have a question (well, kinda nearing it!) My frist visit to my surgeon in January I was 305 lbs. When I had the surgery March 2nd I was about 280 lbs. I was sooo shocked by the 305 at the surgeons office that I started a diet THAT day and never stopped. So my questioin is, if I use my highest weight of 305 I am THREE pounds away from the big 100~!!yeah yeah OR Do i go by the 280 I was on the morning of surgery and then Im down 72 lbs and have 28 pounds to go till ONE HUNDRED. Which weight does everyone use when they celebrate the big ONE HUNDRED??
Courtney B.
on 9/12/06 1:19 pm - Lancaster, CA
Listen you, you use whatever you want! Its YOUR journey. Im so glad to hear this. You have been so bummed about "not losing" in the last few times Ive talked with you. Youre gonna make me crazy! I had my appt with Tovar and he said the loss will slow down now. He wasnt lying! Ive lost 1 lbs the last week. Bummer for me. As a personal preference for me, I use the weight from when I had surgery, but thats me. Seanna uses her total loss. Its whatever you want to use. 100lbs! YAY!!! Im so damn proud of you. We need to get together. Life happens to stop that, and I dont like it. Courtney 271/254/182/141
Courtney B.
on 9/12/06 1:20 pm - Lancaster, CA
Oh btw, update your profile lady!
BabyRuth2u
on 9/12/06 9:12 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I celebrated the big 100 when I lost 100 lbs!! I lost 24 lbs pre-op, i worked for it, I earned it, I lost it! When you get those 3 lbs off, you've lost 100 lbs either way!!! It was on this journey, it was during the time you were working on wls, it counts!! Enjoy, celebrate! And great job!
Lauren003
on 9/12/06 9:49 pm - , NC
Hi Joann! Normally I would have counted the pre-op WL too. With me though,I lost 30 lbs and I didn't try to (no behavior modification, just didn't feel like eating once I started the WLS process) so I don't count it. Post surgery, I definitely earned these!
timsdanni
on 9/12/06 9:55 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I count my preop wieght loss - I am down 111 pounds from 1 march - had surgery 13 march at 360 so only 99 down from there LOL I earned every pound of that 111 so I claim it you are doing great btw hugs danni 372/261/170
sngglnclos
on 9/12/06 10:45 pm - sw burbs, MN
You use the 305..that is where your journey began! You worked to lose the weight and you should count it!!
~ Stylz ~
on 9/12/06 11:40 pm - North of Boston, MA
I think everyone should use their starting weight, you worked to get that 25lbs off right?? Then you deserve recognition for it! Congrats on the 100lb loss its a great accomplishment
robinsaxton
on 9/13/06 1:40 am - Columbia, MD
100 lbs in no time!!!! Yay for you! You are doing great. You have, as the others have said, earned every single pound! I only lost about 3 lbs pre-op so I just use the weight from my surgery date.
eliza
on 9/13/06 2:06 am - fresno, CA
I go by both before weight loss surgery I weighed 310+lbs I had to lose 30 lbs before the doctors would approve my surgery. That weight loss counts. So day ofsurgery I weighed 277. Today I way 196lbs since surgery I have lost 81lbs and all together I have lost 114lbs!! YEA!!!!!! Count it all!! Its all your weight loss
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views