Getting to know you

Rick A.
on 9/12/06 3:40 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi all, I stole this from the men's board, but thought it would be interesting for us "Marcher's" as well. It would be nice to have a little background to put with the friendly faces and posts. So here goes - please complete the following survey. 1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? 7. BMI? Then and Now? 8. Hobbies? Interests? 9. Exercise? What Kind? Here's my answers: 1. Maried 17 years 2. 2 step daughters, 30 and 28 (maried an older woman) 5 grandkids, 11, 8, 5, 4, 2 We are rasing our 8 year old grandson. 3. 911 dispatcher, I get paid to tell cops where to go. 4. 46 but feeling much younger 5. post op March 20, 2006 6. RNY 7. BMI Started at 51.5 (super obese) now 32.9 (obese) 8. Hobbies? Interests? Yard sales, car races, crusing (next one in October), living and loving life. 9. Exercise? What Kind? Walking. Currently walk about 5 miles a day. Lift some weights. Life is good. Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 9/12/06 4:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
1. Married 2. DH and I have 4 furry kids. 3 cats and 1 puppy. 3. What's your Business? Office: Receptionist, Admin assist, customer service. Currently doing temp jobs. But that's the general idea. 4. 44 yrs old, feel 18 5. Post-Op? Surgery March 24, 2006 6. RNY - laproscopic 7. BMI? Started at around 62, lost a few before surgery was I believe at 59 now 38.9 8. Hobbies? Interests? Oh they can vary. I change so often. LOL I like to draw or paint, been awhile though. Computer, doing web pages, again been awhile. I think Ive been too busy and pre-occupied with this wls thing. lol ;) Like movies and just doing anything with my DH. 9. Exercise? What Kind? Mostly the gym, but am so much more active and busy in general always running around somewhere. At the gym I do the treadmill, the rower, some days the elliptical, the machines there called ladies fitness express which is like the Curves machines.
Mary M.
on 9/12/06 6:28 am - Livonia, MI
I always like these types of posts. Thanks. 1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? Married, 22 years 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? 1, son 21 years old 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) RN is a recovery room 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? 46 years old, Kiddo by my standards!!!!!! 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? Post up 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? RNY 7. BMI? Then and Now? Then 50.8 now 38, wow! 8. Hobbies? Interests? My dog, a darling Pug, reading, my family, shopping, computers 9. Exercise? What Kind? I been hitting the gym 3 times a week for the machines and the treadmill and bike. I walk my baby daily.
HAILEY
on 9/12/06 7:24 am - CARSON CITY, NV
1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? Married 7 years but been togetherr for 10 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? 3, 14 step-daughter, 7 daughter, 4 son 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) Mortgages, work for a Home Equity company 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? depends on the day which I feel like but I'm 29yrs old 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? post op 3/27/06 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? lap rny 2 months later had to have the gallbladder out 7. BMI? Then and Now? 44.8 morbidly obese 31.8 obese so close to being overweight just 5 more lbs 8. Hobbies? Interests? movies, my kids, cooking, tv, and I've started going dancing every friday night the past few months 9. Exercise? What Kind? treadmill, but not as often as I should, and dancing it's a great way for me to excercise without feeling like I'm doing it! Hailey 245/167/141
Laura A.
on 9/12/06 8:02 am - Manteca, CA
Hi Rick, 1. I'm married 2. I have 5 children.....girl 36, boy 31, girl 19, boy 17, girl 15 (I remarried 21 years ago and started another family hahaha) I have 2 grandchildren....granddaughter 17, grandson 15 (Yes, my oldest daughter and I were pregnant at the same time.....twice.....but that's a whole 'nother story) 3. I'm an electronic fabricator at a national laboratory 4. I'm 55 5. Post-op March 20, 2006 6. RNY 7. BMI was 51, now is 36 8. I enjoy camping, taking road trips, embroidery and sewing 9. I have been walking every day since New Years 2006 and last week started a 13 week walk/jog program. Thanks for asking...... LAura A.
kimbaby74
on 9/12/06 10:06 am - Western, KY
1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? Married 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? No children, just a dog. 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) Printing business...former typesetter, now a CSR. (got a case of the burn outs and had to switch to keep my sanity!) 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? 32 years old 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? Post op 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? RNY 7. BMI? Then and Now? Then: 54.1 Now: 37.1 8. Hobbies? Interests? Scrapbooking, reality tv shows, sitting on my butt on the internet 9. Exercise? What Kind? None as of yet, gonna start soon! I have too!
miminjoey
on 9/12/06 3:17 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? married 10 years 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? 4 stedaughter 15, son 8, son 7 and son 6 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) full time volunteer part time substitute teacher 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? 33 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? post op march 16 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? RNY 7. BMI? Then and Now? was 40 now 29 8. Hobbies? Interests? love to read which is so wierd for me to say when i was younger i hated it with a passion 9. Exercise? What Kind? lots of swimming, biking and weight training i have even started running...yep you read right running!! Mimi
Shari B.
on 9/12/06 8:30 pm - Roseville, MI
Hi Rick, thanks for posting this 1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? married for 5 years 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? girls 8 & 3 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) Media Buyer for an advertising agency 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? 33 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? post 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? RNY 7. BMI? Then and Now? 8. Hobbies? Interests? anything with my hubby/kids, singing, active in our church 9. Exercise? What Kind? typically 3 days/wk gym doing bike/treadmill for 1 hour, 3 days/wk 1 hour water aerobics. I'm in a slump and haven't been to either in two weeks. Just a few walks a week. Got to get back at it!
jennb40
on 9/12/06 8:48 pm - Nashua, NH
This is fun Rick - getting to know everybody better! Thanks 1. Married? Single? Divorced? Widower? Married very happily for 6 years (previously unhappily married for 30 years!****il this marriage didn't know you could say married and happy in the same sentence! 2. Kids? How many? Girls/Boys/ Teens? 5 Kids and 3 grandkids! - 3 stepkids - step-daughter 32 (lives a few miles away and just had a baby!), step-son 26 (married, lives in Houston & big Harvard grad!), step-daughter 20 (senior in college in MA), my son is 32 (lives in TN, married and 2 beautiful kids - granddaughter age 2 1/2 and new born son in June 2006), daughter 26 (works in DC - still looking for Mr. Perfect!) 3. What's your Business? Butcher? Baker? Candlestick....cha-cha-cha? (this is the one that is fascinating. We've got every 'Walk of Life here) I work for the Division of Unemployment Assistance in Massachusetts, retired after 30 years with the same government agency in TN, remarried and moved here...only 6 more years until retirement! A faithful government employee!!! (or crazy one!) 4. Kiddo or Old Geezer? How old are you? Guess I have to qualify as an old geezer, but feel like a kiddo now! - 55 years young! 5. Post-Op? Pre-Op? post op 6. RNY? Band? DS? Non-Op? Other? RNY 3-13-06 7. BMI? Then and Now? then - 51.8, now 37.9 8. Hobbies? Interests? cross stitching, 2 pug babies, traveling, memory scrapbooking, spending quality time with hubby and grandkids 9. Exercise? What Kind? YMCA 2 days a week for water aerobics, Chicometrics 2 days a week, daily walking of the pug babies (even though they are 3 and 4 years old!)
Lauren003
on 9/12/06 10:16 pm - , NC
1. Married for 8 years 2. A boy-5 and a girl-4 3. I'm a mom so I guess I do it all plus I babysit for a friend 3-4 times a week. 4. Just turned 30! So hard to believe.. 5. Post op since March 13th (today is my 6 month anniversary! Also hard to believe) 6. RNY 7. 75 down to 51 8. I'm artsy fartsy at heart so anything where I can use my hands and imagination. Lately it's been painting with the kids but also sewing, beadwork, making jewelry. I would love to learn silversmithing. 9. Usually I walk. My daughter just started preschool so I walk while she's there. We also got a small trampoline with a handlebar for inside that I use to strengthen my calves. Plus, the kids love it too! There's a video called Cardio Hula that I think is great too (really!)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views