Are you going to let it win?

BabyRuth2u
on 9/11/06 10:55 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not!! I'm sitting here this morning, sipping on my AchievOne coffee drink with some added Whey protein (yes, I don't want to eat again this morning. I kept looking at stuff in the fridge and just couldn't do it) but anyways, Im here drinking and reading posts on the main page and here and thinking about how I should go to the gym, but I don't wanna!!!! But I know I should go. And I see yet another post on the main page from someone who is about 6.5 months out making similar comments to those Ive seen alot of lately, here on our board and on the main. We are all at a point it seems that as one poster said, "The honeymoon" is over. That is the first 6 months. The weight is not coming off as easy, we are feeling hungry more often, hungrier than we've been, we've started to slip away from the support boards, just living life and maybe taking things for granted. As I read this, yet another post of the same things Im going through I thought "You know what, I'm not going to let it (meaning my body, my brain) win! I'm going to get my butt up off this chair and I am going to go to the gym!". I know I'm not ready to stop losing weight. I have a long way to go and I'm not going to get there by sitting on this chair. I did go to the gym yesterday, I was ready and up for it, but today is a struggle. But I found a renewed strength ( at least this morning LOL) and I'm going! I decided I'm not going to let the honeymoon be over. I'm going to make sure I get my exercise in. I'm going to get out those measuring cups today and start measuring again. I'm going to look at what I'm eating and be sure I am first and always getting protein FIRST! Watch the carbs and get in the water. It's not all that hard. We've got the rules to follow! We've got the road map. Let's be sure we're still on the road to success!!! Ok, I'm pumped. I'm out of here! HAve a great day!!!
Mama-of-3
on 9/11/06 11:04 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Ruth Ann, I could have just as easily written your post. In my mind I was making excuses as to why I should just skip a day of excercise (or two, I missed yesterday) but then that would end up snowballing. I'm off to excercise too RIGHT NOW! Have a great day. Trish
BabyRuth2u
on 9/12/06 1:40 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good for you! That is what I'm afraid of. That if I allow myself to make excuses then missing one day turns into two, then three and so on. I usually go 3 times a week. I usually miss Fri, Sat and Sun. Just too much else I want to be doing. But wish I could motivate myself to get there at least Saturday morn. I'll shoot for that this weekend! Glad you are off to exercise. enjoy!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/11/06 11:17 pm - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, I love your attitude! I dragged my butt out of bed this morning and hit the gym at 5:30 a.m. It was torture getting there, but wasn't bad once I got there. I made it four days last week and am intent on making it five days this week! I'm going to get out my pom poms and cheer you all the way to the gym! (Thankfully no one can actually see this activity. Huge amounts of laughter would ensue! ) You go girl! - Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 9/12/06 1:43 am - Pittsburgh, PA
need to go out to you for going to the gym at 5:30 am!!! Talk about committment!! I have these mornings like today that I just don't want to go. I can usually feel it the second I get out of bed. Something in my mind just says I don't want to do it today. LOL But by the time I get the dog out, take my vitamins etc, some breakfast or a protein drink I sit here and read messages, take a look at the before and afters (those are a big inspiration) I' usually drag my butt to the gym and then once there I'm in overdrive and seem to do more than usual. It's just the point of getting there some days I guess. And today also woke up to a rainy morning, so I'm sure that doesnt help. But I'm back from the gym, all worked out, bathed, having a lil lunch and then we'll see what the rest of the day brings. Thanks again!!
jennb40
on 9/11/06 11:51 pm - Nashua, NH
Your post is good...we have to follow the rules. I posted another post about 15 tips for WLS success - go to http://www.wlscenter.com/15freetips.htm and check it out! EXERCISE....we all have to do it! Maybe we should do a daily post "what did you do for exercise today"???? Go to that gym Ruth Ann and k-i-c-k some a..!!!!! We have to be here for each other! I am doing Chicometrics tonight along with a walk with the pugs (have to walk before it gets too cold in New England to walk!) and last night I went to water aerobics at the Y. I have Monday and Wednesday for water aerobics and Tuesday and Thursday for chicometrics. Maybe we should go to the Y on Saturday for treadmill walking when it gets colder. Drink water, eat protein, leave the carbs alone and exercise - OUR goal for today! Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 9/12/06 1:45 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Barbara, "Go to that gym Ruth Ann and k-i-c-k some a..!!!!!" LOL That's just what I did. And what I seem to do on the days that I'm dragging to get there. I end up doing more! Weird huh? ) But I am back now, and ready to move on with the day. I'm glad I went. I would have felt bugged about it all day if I didn't go. I think us doing our own "Did you move to lose" post each day would be great. Have a good day! I'm off to read your rules post!
Laura A.
on 9/12/06 6:10 am - Manteca, CA
Excellent post today....I can totally relate. I promised myself long ago if I weighed under 200 I would start a running program. Last week when I hit One-derland I started a walk/jog program. I do it on the treadmill at the gym because it's easier to keep track of the time and move the speed up and down. Today was walking 2 minutes then jogging 2 minutes repeating 11 times for a total of 44 minutes PLUS a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down walk.....for a total of 54 minutes. OMG....about 25 minutes into it I was pretty much dying and thinking "I'm here by myself, who's going to know if I skip part of this". Well, I had to give myself a real talking to because I'm only cheating myself. I did my whole 54 minutes and I feel SOOO good for sticking with it. I love this feeling of accomplishment a whole lot better than I ever have before!!! Thanks, Ruth Ann......and all you other Marchers!!! Laura A.
BabyRuth2u
on 9/12/06 6:35 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good for you not cheating yourself. I get that feeling at times too at the gym. I'll be on the treadmill have it set for a specific amount of time or mileage and part way through Im like I want to stop, but I hold off, try to keep going for awhile, check the time/mileage and see Ive gotten a good way through and I'll just keep chugging away. But I think that at times too, hmm no one else would know, but i stop and think that I will know and I want to challenge myself and Im trying to not be a quitter. So it helps and keeps me going. Good luck with the jogging/running. I dont think Im up for that yet. I would get booblash unfortunately, throw out my neck, back, shoulders or something I think. LOL Keep on accomplishing those new feats, you're doing great!
Mary M.
on 9/12/06 6:23 am - Livonia, MI
I need this post daily. Every single day I try to talk myself out of exercising, my knees hurt, I worked really hard today, it's hot. I can come up with a million of them. So far I am not listening.... I am trying to remain committed and like everyone else, this is where we must be turning a corner. Thanks for your support. You always seem to say what I feel! Have a good day and continued success, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views