Tears in my eyes !

trohal
on 9/9/06 9:19 pm - Grafton, OH
Hello all: I know i do not post very often as I always seem to be so busy. But I do drop in weekly and read up on all the posts and learn so much from all of you. I wish i had more time to get to know you all I guess thats where we need to learn to make time for "us" as I can see you are all such a great support to each other. I wrote a blog for my myspace and I wanted to share it here to . As this was just a big moment in my life and I am sure you all know exactly what i am talking about. Here is a copy past of my blog today. Well I had a wow moment yesterday that brought tears to my eyes. I went shopping for the first time since my weightloss journy began. I use to have to shop only on certain racks in the deparment that had clothes to fit plus size ladies. Well for months now my clothes have been FALLING Off of me and i live with saftey pins to hold them on LOL. The girls at work keep telling me to get out of them clothes i am swimming in and let people see how well i am doing. Well i was looking at the racks for normal people ( the racks i never even gave the time of day) and all the sudden there was so much to choose from ! i was grabbing this and that and saying WOW this is a xl not a 1x 2x 3x !!! my pants are normal size not ladies plus sizes that you have to pay 2.00 extra to purchase. I have lost about 3 shirt sizes and 4 pant sizes ! And the pretty nite clothes and under garments I can wear gain no more granny panties for me HEHE. I stood there a minute and looked around this HUGE store and got totally overwhelmed. All the sudden I had 100 racks to choose from for clothing instead of 4 or 5. My eyes filled up with tears and i realized for the first time since this started that I AM NORMAL again and I reaching my goal and I am no longer an obese lady to be looked at and laughed at in life ! Once again thank you all for listening to me as this is one of the most exciting moments in my life besides the birth of my son.
jennb40
on 9/10/06 12:04 am - Nashua, NH
Congratulations Teresa....what a wonderful story - thanks for sharing. This is the most amazing journey we have taken - for sure! Take care and don't be a stranger! Barbara
Mama-of-3
on 9/10/06 12:38 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Teresa, I know exactly how you feel!!!!! Shopping is more fun now that it has been in a very long time and I am enjoying it! I just bought a super trendy outfit that I am wearing over to our friends house later. Super cute red capri's!! Not stretch material either! haha Best of luck in the rest of your journey, you are doing fabulous and please throw out all of your big clothes. I was told once you outgrow it to get rid of it and I have done that with everything I have outgrown. Trish
robinsaxton
on 9/10/06 11:34 pm - Columbia, MD
Teresa, I am so happy for you. It is a wonderful experience. I do the same thing with the safety pins. Congratulations on your great success. Hugs, Robin
Shari B.
on 9/11/06 8:37 pm - Roseville, MI
Hi Teresa, Thanks so much for sharing this. While still in plus sizes, I can now show at more than two stores and it's amazing. Previous to weight loss surgery I had to shop at either Avenue or Lane Bryant. It's exciting to be able to go to more stores. You are doing fabulous!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/11/06 10:56 pm - My Town, NH
Teresa, congratulations on your amazing progress! It can be overwhelming to realize that suddenly you have many more options when it comes to clothing. I'm also discovering that a style that once looked good on me, doesn't anymore. I guess we have a lot to learn about how to dress our ever-changing bodies! Keep up the great work! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views