Down 102 pounds!

Tina K
on 9/8/06 11:07 am - Central, NY
Today I went to Dr. Graber's office for my six month check up. True, I'm a few days shy but I start my new job on Monday and won't be able to get any time off until sometime in December. Yikes! I am down to 213 pounds, which is a loss of 102 pounds from my highest weight. That's six months! Awesome! My clothing size has gone from a 30/32 to size 20's and 22/24 depending on the cut and store. I'm madly in love with Old Navy pants, the size 20 fits me great and looks fantastic. Finally my hair loss is slowing down. While I still loose about twice as much as I used to, I'm loosing half as much as I have been the past few months. It's also starting to feel healthier which is a huge relief! My blood pressure was kind of low at 100/70 and I told Angie, the NP, how I have occassions when I get up from sitting or laying down that I get light headed, dizzy and my vision kind of fades to black and back again. She said it's pretty common for gastric bypass patients and gave me an Rx for some meds. I'll pick that up tomorrow and see what happens. Not noticing a huge amount of loose skin at this point. I do have some sag under my arms and a bit extra in my thighs but that stubborn belly fat is hanging on! Grrrrr. I feel more confident now, feel like I look better in clothes. I'm excited about my new job and getting out into the workforce again. I have faith that this weight will continue to drop and that I'll hit my goal of 140 or those size 10 jeans. Dr. Graber's goal for me is 180 so I'm only 33 pounds away from that. Of course, a few more pounds for my personal goals but I'm okay with that. Still able to each pretty much anything and I very seldom throw up any more. When I do it's because I've eaten something too quickly or something too dry. My portion sizes are increasing and that does make me worried but I also know it's normal. Part of me wishes I had done this years ago but I know I was not emotionally ready for the changes I have been going through. Now...to get hubby healthy and not in pain. Then life will be golden! Tina 315/213/140
luckycat1
on 9/8/06 11:36 am - Cincinnati, OH
That is awesome! 102 pounds gone forever! I went shopping last night at Macy's and got some unbelievable deals. It looks like I am in between sizes. The 18's are almost too big but the 16's I can not button. Oh well it will be only a matter of time. Congratulations on your weight loss. MJ
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/8/06 11:46 am - My Town, NH
Tina, congratulations! I'm so proud of you!!! 102 pounds is amazing. Don't you just love those size 20's? I know I do. Good luck with your new job. Walk in there with your head high and know that, after making it through these past six months with such success, you can do anything! - Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 9/8/06 12:16 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations Tina, that is awesome!! Great news on the new job, sounds like you are excited and you're going to look smashing!! Keep it up and again congrats!! *HUGS*
Shana M.
on 9/8/06 2:57 pm - KY
That's amazing! Congrats! Shana
jennb40
on 9/8/06 8:01 pm - Nashua, NH
Tina - you had fantastic news and congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment. I am going this morning for my 6 month blood work and to the doctor next Friday for my 6-month check up. I will be jumping for joy if my blood work is as great as it was for the 3 month check up. I am down 92 pounds this morning and even though I know I won't lose 8 pounds by next Friday, I am still jubilent about my progress so far. Unfortunately I can't say so much about loose skin as I can see what the years of abuse to my poor stretched skin has done and doubt anything less than PS is going to resolve it when I finally get to my goal. But if the blood work is good, and blood pressure excellent - so be it for the loose skin...I will just have to deal with it and hopefully if I live to be 100 and it takes girdles to keep me in tact...at least I am 100!!!! Anyway, so glad you are doing good, and good luck with the new job. Don't let your job keep you from being a stranger on this board! Hugs, Barbara
Beckers
on 9/10/06 1:29 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Congrats on the 102 pound loss!! I also have had the same low blood pressure problems, but they seem to have passed for now. How long will you have to take those meds? Rebecca M. 269/183/150
robinsaxton
on 9/10/06 10:46 pm - Columbia, MD
Tina I am so happy for you! What an amazing accomplishment, over 100 lbs in less than 6 months! That's incredible. I am so glad you are doing so well. Congrats on the new job; I know you'll be a huge success there, esp with your new found confidence. So wonderful! I get the same thing when I stand up from lying down. I have to sit up, wait about a minute and then stand up. I'll have to ask my surgeon about it when I see him, tomorrow. I hope the meds help you with that. I am sure that will stabalize soon. Congratulations again. So awsome! Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views