Sorry long.. can anyone relate?? Or am I just headed to a bad place?

robinsaxton
on 9/10/06 11:17 pm - Columbia, MD
I think that all of us struggle with seeing ourselves as we truly are. There are times that I feel so great, know that I look great and it feels wonderful. Then other times I feel so fat still and just can't stand my hips (I feel pretty good about the rest of me for now). Sometimes I catch my reflection and think "wow, I look so good". Then other times I see myself and think "yuck, look at those hips, or look at these fat thighs." It's weird and sometimes I feel crazy. The other day a lady saw my driver's license picture and said "wow, you've lost a lot of weight huh?" I was shocked. I couldn't believe that she could tell that from my picture because I still see that face in the mirror. It felt great to hear that but I still don't always see it. In a way it's a good thing, since it motivates me to try to be consistent with exercise and eating right. But I also don't want to be one of those people like you said that always says they should go on a diet and we all know they look wonderful. We do have to work on the mental things as well as the physical. Hang in there Ruth Ann. You do look wonderful and hopefully the days that don't see your true self or don't feel wonderful will become few and far between! Keep your thoughts positive and try not to say the negative things out loud. It makes those thoughts feel too real. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views