My update

sparkles
on 9/7/06 12:09 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
So I've been pretty silent lately.. I went to Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios and Busch Gardens over labor day weekend. I had a blast.. and Yep.. rode every freakin ride!!!! LOL. I even got to challenge Ms. Sheikra, and let me just tell you.. if you are a coaster freak, it is a MUST. I quit smoking on Monday and I must admit.... I've done very well. I haven't had a smoke since Monday afternoon. Smile I even hang around my smoker friends and dont have an urge to light up... After dinner though.. now thats tough. I miss that part. Smoking after food. But I've tried to introduce my mind to new things on breaks at work (like the New Super Mario Bros. Game for the DS) and it seems to be working. I haven't weighed since the last time... 292. I dunno if I've lost or not. I don't really feel like I have.. but I look better than I did a month ago.. so WHO KNOWS?! I took some updated pictures, and you can see all of them at my website below... (in my signature) I've had some odd times.. and had my first dumping experience ( I guess...) Sugar Free Milano w/ mint cookies.. I ate too many and felt like I was gonna hurl for about 20 minutes or so... lol. Otherwise.. the only issue with quitting smoking is the snacking.. every afternoon at 3pm.. hungry or not.. my brain wants chips and trail mix... lol. grrrr. I've been trying to drink more water then. I've started cooking more too. I am gonna try a couple of Susan Maria's recipes this week, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Zuchini Boats. I'm so freakin bored of what we have been eating!!! My new favorite has been teriyaki chicken though... I marinade it over night and cook it for about 20 or 30 minutes.. YUMMY!!! Smile Its my alternative to chinese food - which I miss... terribly... I wanna egg roll... lol- anyways. I also eat a TON of brocolli. I think I'd just eat it.. if my hubby would let me. Too bad theres no protien in it. lol. I've decided that grease and I dont get along. One of my favorite foods is hot wings with ranch. I can only eat 5, which is like nothing compared to the 30 wings, 44 oz pepsi and cheesy garlic bread that I used to have... But every time I eat them now, I get sick... Note to self, stop eating them!! LOL. Anyways.. I've rambled enough. Oh.. and we STILL dont know when we are moving!!!???
luckycat1
on 9/7/06 12:37 pm - Cincinnati, OH
looking good--keep it up! do not take this the wrong way but you look so much younger. are you sure you are old enough to be smoking anyway???? I am so darn bored with food as well. I guess I am lucky that I am still not too hungry right now. I have to remember to eat. I am still not getting in the calories my doctor and my nut want me to but I try every day. I can not eat brocolli unless it is over cooked or I get gas . Drinking water is struggle as well. Have you tried to make your own chicken wings? I had some about a month ago that I got at the store that were already cooked--hot wings all I have to do was bake them and they stayed down pretty much o.k. I could only eat two (I know they are not as good as B-3's). Take care MJ
sparkles
on 9/7/06 1:49 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Its all the baby fat girl!! Im 24!! Thanks though!
jennb40
on 9/7/06 8:22 pm - Nashua, NH
Stopping smoking is the next best thing you could do for yourself - after the WLS!!!! Congratulations on your decision to do so and congratulations on your amazing progress with this WLS! Glad you had such a good time on your Labor Day weekend! As for food - you should ask "STYLZ" (who posts on here all the time) to email you her WLS cookbook. Look at some of the earlier posts and you will find it. Anyway congrats again on all your progress! Barbara
sparkles
on 9/8/06 1:26 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I just did!! Thanks!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/8/06 7:39 am - My Town, NH
Congratulations on all of your success! Wow, I'm so impressed with the quitting smoking. I know that is so difficult. My husband quit about five years ago. It's such a struggle. I am easily bored with menu choices as well. It seems like we eat the same things every week. I love to cook, but it's tough to find things that are quick and easy during the work week. Well, I guess it's not that tough I just need to get out of my rut! I'll be thinking about you as you fight the nicotine demon! - Stephanie
sparkles
on 9/8/06 8:48 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I have found that for *quicker* tastier food items, I marinade things overnight.. so that the next day, I put it in the pan.. and its ready in 25 or 30 minutes.. thats how I make my teriyaki chicken..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views