I finished a 5 K race this weekend!

headparrot
on 9/5/06 7:04 am - Ponca City, OK
I was able to complete my first 5 K race this weekend. The story, and a picture of a very tired me at the finish line in the latest entry in my profile. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=M1111619483
luckycat1
on 9/5/06 11:37 am - Cincinnati, OH
That is awesome! MJ
miminjoey
on 9/5/06 1:30 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
OMG...there is no way that is a before picture of you....yes that ma be your wife with that man, but there is no way that is YOU! What an awsome job you have done. I am so inspired by your race. I am doing my 1st one the end of the month...i just want to be able to fini****!. mimi
SoulSista
on 9/5/06 4:28 pm - Boston, MA
that is awesome you look fabulous what a diffrence 6 months makes. this time next year you will be telling us about the marathon you just ran Marsha
jennb40
on 9/5/06 8:49 pm - Nashua, NH
Scott - you look fantastic! You and your wife make such a nice couple...I know she is proud of you, but more importantly how proud you must be of yourself. That is so impressive about your 5K race! Are you in a town that has the "Walk From Obesity" walk in October? I think that is only 3 miles - not quite so impressive as a 5K, but for a good cause! Again...congratulations. Barbara
timsdanni
on 9/5/06 10:09 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
OH my Gosh that does not even LOOK like you - you are looking GREAT new pic on the board please dear one, one that looks a bit like you at least LOL you are doing GREAT!!! wish my change was as dramatic hugs danni
Stephanie Smiles
on 9/6/06 5:55 am - My Town, NH
Hi Scott. What a great achievement!!!! You look amazing, but more importantly you look like you FEEL amazing. Very impressive indeed. I loved reading about the race in your profile and laughed out loud at the winning of pizza ! Too funny! Life is ironic. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your success with us. - Stephanie
ddove74
on 9/8/06 6:32 am - Burbank, CA
Congrats Scott! I actually have a 5K this Sunday. I working with Team in Training (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society) and we are using this as a practice race. I'm training for my second marathon in honolulu. The first one I did, I walked the whole way, but of course I was over 100lbs. heavier (smile). This time around I plan on doing run/walks. Hey, why don't you join us. In a couple of weeks we will be doing a 10K then a few weeks afterwards 1/2 marathon. Again, congrats on completing your race. Isn't it a great feeling? ~Danielle 329/227/175
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views