maybe tmi!

miminjoey
on 8/31/06 10:55 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok I know you guys really don't want to hear this but have to ask anyway. has anyone had problems with boils since surgery? I have had 3....one like on my rear/thigh and 2 on my stomach. I had only ever had one in my life before surgery years ago so to have 3 in 5 months makes me wonder ...what the heck? the one I have on my stomach now is like where my jean****owie! Mimi
Mama-of-3
on 8/31/06 11:29 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
What is a boil? Like a pimple? A young girl at work had said she had a boil on her bikini line and I didn't want to ask her what it was exactly but I got the impression it was probably an ingrown hair that got infected maybe?!?! LOL I haven't ever had one before but I've never had a problem with pimples either, but my son.........AUGH!!!! Speaking about this topic...know any good acne medicines? Everyone says proactiv but some people like it others dont, I just bought stuff from Avon that's awesome and he has perfect skin on weekends then during the week it gets bad again because of his football helmet hitting his forehead and on his chin because of the chin strap. Dang pimples!! Ormaybe it's just because he's 15! LOL
Courtney B.
on 9/1/06 1:39 am - Lancaster, CA
My son (14) also has bad acne. I have him do this. Wash in the morning with phisoderm and at night with a seabreeze type formula with acylic acid in it. If he is religious about doing this (weekends included), his acne is minimal, even with football. Its on the weekends when he doesnt want to shower that he breaks out. I have a friend that has her son using rubbing alcohol and his face seems pretty clean. BUT he doesnt play football. I cant get my kid to use it to save his life. That stuff would burn on open pimples. I used to use Campo Phenique (spelling???). I would put it on at night, wa**** off in the morning. HOWEVER, I dont know how boy and girl acne differs, so that may not be right for him. GOOD LUCK! And if you find something that works, let me know! Courtney
lizzey627
on 8/31/06 11:51 pm - Dunlap, CA
Hey Mimi! The reason why your body is macking those boils is because are body pushes out poisin and thats one way. You've been through alot of physical changes these past 5 months so are bodys get a little crazy I have had some to. What you could try is a detox and if you dont want to do that start drinking green tea with out anything in it. Lizzey
timsdanni
on 8/31/06 11:52 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
Mimi if they still sell it go and get some stuff called boilease - I used to get them on my upper thigh/backside often - I always thought it was b/c I was heavy, maybe it has to do with your looser skin? owie owie girl - you can go in and have them lanced and then they drian faster but boilease will help as will totally emptying them as much as you can - they do scar most of the time I have a pea size pit in my armpit from one 8+yrs ago hugs danni
robinsaxton
on 9/1/06 12:54 am - Columbia, MD
So sorry you are having those things. They just aren't fun. I had to go get an antibiotic for one that I had a couple years back. Yep, it left a scar. Good luck with it. Robin
Sheila A.
on 9/1/06 2:27 am - Thermal, CA
Mimi you changed your pic!!!! I love it, you look great! Sorry about your owie Sheila
miminjoey
on 9/1/06 4:37 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Thanks to you sending me Becky's email address! THANKS BECKY!!! Mimi
Beckers
on 9/1/06 12:23 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Mimi- I have had 2 "boils" also in the last couple months. I don't know if you can count them as full-blown boils, they were like deep-set pimples that took forever to go away and hurt. One was on my rear/thigh area (like you) near where my leg bends. The other was on my hip (like you) where my jean**** I did nothing about them, just kept them clean and they eventually went away (I don't know if they drained, I never noticed it). Looking at them now, even, I see a red spot where they were, but they are not full of fluid anymore. I have rarely experienced anything like them before surgery, so I also wondered if they were from extra/loose skin, or just like Sheila said, maybe toxins trying to get out? Rebecca M. 269/184/150
Katie M.
on 9/5/06 2:27 am - East Petersburg, PA
Mimi, I haven't had one since WLS, but a few years ago I got one on my butt! Now that's too much information! But, I wanted to let you know to not let it go if it's not going away. I ended up with a massive infection, had to go on IV antibiotics, had surgery to excise the infection and then had a massive wound that had to heal from the inside out which meant visiting nurses (and my poor husband) had to pack it 2x a day. I was in the hospital for a week ( and I was nursing a 6 month baby at the time!) and had home nurse visits for a month. I got so tired of everyone looking at my butt! It was the most humiliating experience ever! I hope it doesn't ever happen again. But, all this to day, don't wait too long to go to the doc if it doesn't seem like it's clearing up! Congrats on your weight loss and BOILS BE GONE! Blessings, Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views