Protein question

bettyc
on 8/30/06 8:49 am - Covington, LA
How many fo you are still supplementing protein? I am getting all mine from food in my diet. What does your doc say about this? So far all my blood work is fine. Like all of us the 6 month test is real soon. I see on the main board folks that are 2 year out still using protein supplements. My philosophy is i can only eat so much and if AI have to get in so much protein I watch my diet better. I would love to have a lot of opinions on this issue. Betty Jo
BabyRuth2u
on 8/30/06 9:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Betty Jo, I am still using protein supplements and at this point plan on using them forever. I do not believe at this point still, even though I am able to eat more, that I am eating enough protein to keep me at a level I should be for best health and maximum weightloss. It seems to be a great assest in that manner from what Ive seen with different people. So unless I find later out that I feel Im eating quite a bit more and am getting enough protein then I'll cut them out, or maybe go to just one a day. That might be more like the plan. I get blood work done next month. My surgeon does first ones at 6 months, I know others have had them already but I have no idea what mine are yet. But I have been very good on taking my vitamins, iron, b-12, and protein daily. So I'm hoping for good results!
miminjoey
on 8/30/06 10:09 am - Fort Bragg, NC
my doctors says forever...at least 1 shake a day. I very seldom do any though...I get most of mine in through food...but I also sprinkle unflavored into soups, oatmeal and mixes...like today I added a whole scoop 21 gm to blueberry muffin mix....so the muffins had 6 gms instead of 2.
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/30/06 10:12 am - My Town, NH
Hi Betty Jo. I only supplemented with protein shakes during the first couple of months. I now get all of my required protein from food. I average between 70 and 80 grams each day. My nutritionist recommends at least 65 grams each day so I feel pretty good with my totals. - Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/06 10:41 pm - PA
I had stopped using them, but I have just started back up. I get around 80 g a day from my food alone, but my weightloss has really slowed down. I am starting them back up and making a few adjustments to my diet - mostly cutting back on the fat. Kathy
timsdanni
on 8/31/06 10:38 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I still drink them - sometimes 2 or 3 a day and plan to contienue for the rest of my life - I work hard and play hard and feel like I need that much protien - I eat more fruit and veggies this way and I feel healthyer. my doc and nut both say rest of life - protien and vits, as do most long term post ops that are sucessful hugs danni 372/263/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views