Update

Sheryl J.
on 8/29/06 11:28 pm - Madison, WI
RNY on 03/01/06 with
I have good news and bad news. First the good news. I had my six-month follow-up on Monday. My surgeon was very pleased. He said I am well above of the average curve for his patients. That made me feel good and have a little hope. The nutritionists says I need to get more protein and take my calcium. The bad news? When I got on the scale this morning I had gained a pound since my last weigh-in a week ago. Bleah. I'm having fun trying on skirts that were in the basement. So far, so good. How are you doing today? 218/208/155/115
jennb40
on 8/29/06 11:48 pm - Nashua, NH
How was your lab work...all your levels great? So glad your surgeon thought you were doing good! And gaining back 1 little lousy pound - that isn't so much bad news! Probably just playing games with you...maybe the scale isn't on the right setting before you get on there! Way to go with your good news. Get more protein in and take your calcium!!!! Keep trying on those skinny skirts! Barbara
Amy I.
on 8/30/06 4:51 am - KS
Sheryl, I gain and lose the same three pounds all the time! Don't worry about it! One time I even gained 5#'s UGHHH and it lasted for 5 days then one morning I woke up and lost that 5 plus 1. So I guess that my body weight goes up and down with maybe what I might be eating or maybe the salt in the food or even my period. Hang in there! 1 pound is nothing compared to what you have lost! And What a good job you have been doing! Amy I
Amy I.
on 8/30/06 4:47 am - KS
Sheryl, I gain and lose the same three pounds all the time! Don't worry about it! One time I even gained 5#'s UGHHH and it lasted for 5 days then one morning I woke up and lost that 5 plus 1. So I guess that my body weight goes up and down with maybe what I might be eating or maybe the salt in the food or even my period. Hang in there! 1 pound is nothing compared to what you have lost! And What a good job you have been doing! Amy I
bettyc
on 8/30/06 8:54 am - Covington, LA
I think I have finally fround one advantage of being post menopausal. Without the monthly changes in body fluids I have not yet had a weight gain--plateaus yes. I try not to weigh but every two weeks.
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/30/06 10:08 am - My Town, NH
Sheryl, congrats on a great visit with your surgeon! I wouldn't stress over one pound if I were you. You'll drive yourself crazy. I go up and down by several pounds all the time. Have a great night! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 8/30/06 10:21 am - Fort Bragg, NC
that's not bad news that's water so glad your appointment went so well! great job! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views