Grandmother WOW moment!

jennb40
on 8/29/06 8:51 pm - Nashua, NH
My new grandson was born Monday night at 9:35 p.m. - weighing in at 7 lbs. 1 oz, and 21 inches long - Derek Henry is his name. This is my 32 year old wonderful step-daughter's first baby and she asked for her Dad and I to stay in the room for the delivery. Talking about a WOW moment - seeing that birth was the most incredible thing I have ever seen. When my 2 kids were born - they took you to an operating room and no mirrors were available so I have never actually "in person" seen a live birth....what an incredible WOW experience. She was so sweet to include us in this miracle. I personally can't imagine having had a "group" in when my kids were born - I am way to modest and prudish to even have thought about it...but I am so thankful for her letting us share in this. I had another grandson (my son's) baby was born June 17 in Tennessee - Andrew Christopher (Drew) but I didn't get to TN until he was 4 days old - but my daughter-in-law didn't even have her own mother in for that affair! Birthing is so different than in my age! Anyway, thanks for hearing this granny story! Barbara (granny name MeMe!!!!)
peggy5681
on 8/30/06 2:41 am - monroe, MI
congratulations Grandma!!!!
bettyc
on 8/30/06 8:44 am - Covington, LA
Congrats Barb!! There is nothing better that grandchildren. My heart is my 7 yr old granddaughter.(father is my 35 yr old son) Just think how much easier it will be to get on the floor with that bundle of joy. I am planning my daughters wedding--she is 29 and was a conmitted single person--oh well. She now says she wants children. I hope to have more in my future. I have been missing you guys but husband retired in June and we have beenon the road--we love to travel.
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/30/06 10:05 am - My Town, NH
Congratulations MeMe!!! Enjoy every moment with that precious little one. He's lucky to have you for a grandma! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 8/30/06 10:24 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Congratulations MeMe!!! My Mom is in TN! Mimi
~ Stylz ~
on 8/30/06 10:03 pm - North of Boston, MA
Congratulations Barbara, glad you were able to have that experience!! I was in the delivery room when my friend had her baby, but after 16 hours of contractions and 3 hrs of actual labor, I can tell you we were all just excited that it was over and the baby was finally here! Congrats to you and John both!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views