Need encouragement

chozen V.
on 8/29/06 11:36 am - st louis, MO
I'm 5 months post-op as of today and i've only lost 62 pounds i feel so discouraged when i read other peoples post and i see how much they've lost, it just seems like i should have loss more weight than this by now
jennb40
on 8/29/06 8:36 pm - Nashua, NH
Check out your name - Chozen Vessel - which can equate to the vessel you chose to lose weight was this surgery. 62 pounds is NOTHING to sneeze at - just know that some people lose weight slower than others. Look at your BMI and see how that number has changed with 62 pounds - you are probably below 40 which means you wouldn't even qualify for surgery. Don't get discouraged, when all of us are slowing down - you will probably be losing more each week than we do! As long as you are following your doctor's and nutritionist's orders, getting plenty of protein and water and sufficient calories - you will continue successfully on your journey. Are you doing any exercise? That can make a BIG difference. Know we are all here for you and "vent" anytime you want! 62 pounds is 248 sticks of butter gone off your body! Hang in there.....Barbara
chozen V.
on 8/30/06 1:52 pm - st louis, MO
Thanks, Barbara i needed to hear that, and congrats to you on your weight loss
luckycat1
on 8/30/06 3:27 am - Cincinnati, OH
You have to remember everyone loses at a different pace. 62 pounds is great when was the last time you could say that you lost 62 pounds in 5 1/2 months? Keep up the great job. MJ
chozen V.
on 8/30/06 1:54 pm - st louis, MO
Thanks, MJ i wouldn't have been able to even lose 10 pounds in 5 months before the surgery
Sheila A.
on 8/30/06 3:32 am - Thermal, CA
I am 5'1", 37 years old, I had surgery March 29th. I am down 70 lbs today. I am happy with that, but I do realize others are losing faster than I am. We are just different. Logically, it has to continue coming off, I don't eat a whole lot and I move a whole lot more. 62 lbs. is great, when else have we lost this much? Be encouraged, it will come off, promise!!! Sheila
chozen V.
on 8/30/06 1:56 pm - st louis, MO
Thankyou for the encouragement
bettyc
on 8/30/06 8:58 am - Covington, LA
Dear--I posted a similar story. I just have to love what I am doing--I know I could do no better. I eat right and excerise. My 80 lbs , I still weigh 270 so I am not a light weight, fits in a size 20 not the 32+ pre surgery. Look for the positive things--I bet you are feeling sooo much better.
chozen V.
on 8/30/06 1:58 pm - st louis, MO
You're right Betty i feel really good i have so much energy now and that is something to be happy about, thanks
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/30/06 10:03 am - My Town, NH
Don't fret! I'm nearly six months out and I've lost 67 pounds since surgery. I am enjoying being in smaller sizes and trying to be patient as the weight continues to slowly leave my body. Just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing. We'll get there! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views