Help--not losing like you guys!

bettyc
on 8/29/06 9:54 am - Covington, LA
Ok Marchers I feel like a mini failure. How are all of you losing so fast!! I have lost 80 lbs and am tickled pink but I was 350 and now 270 and you guy are making this look like a little. I have been traveling on and off for about 2 months and have not been on here and and proud of all of you!!! I am also one of the seniors and know I will lose slower than those younger.
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/29/06 10:19 am - My Town, NH
Hi Betty Jo. You are certainly not a failure. In fact, you're beating me by over 10 pounds. I've lost a total of 67 pounds since my surgery date of 3/7/06. I did lose some before surgery which helps me feel somewhat better about my total weight loss. But I'm definitely no****ching the weight fly off my body. 80 pounds in less than six months is great! Stay positive and follow the rules. It will come off. Keep on working at it and I'll do the same! - Stephanie
Sheila A.
on 8/29/06 1:24 pm - Thermal, CA
Hi Betty Jo! You are doing great!!!! You have lost more than I have. I am 5'1", 37 years old, I had surgery March 29th. I am down 70 lbs today. I am happy with that, but I do realize others are losing faster than I am. We are just different. Logically, it has to continue coming off, I don't eat a whole lot and I move a whole lot more. We will get there too Betty Jo!!! Luv Ya, Sheila
Goldielocksss
on 8/29/06 4:07 pm - fremont, CA
This is neat, I just found this leak to talk to others who had surgery in march of this year. I had mine on March 3 and was 386 when I went in. I am sooooo happy to be down about 110 pounds thus far. From a size 32 to about a 22 and I am just loving it!!!!! I have been fortunate, no complications or problems at all. Are any of you in the bay area in California? I do have to remind myself to take vitimins and all..... Keep up the good work all....
jennb40
on 8/29/06 8:40 pm - Nashua, NH
Betty Jo - where have you been?!!!! We have been missing you. Glad you are back - and here at this wonderful MARCHer's forum! Betty Jo - I am 55 and had my surgery the same day as you. I have lost 87 pounds and PROUD of it! I was one pound above you on surgery day and only 6 pounds less than you now. So I think we are both on target. And I am sure you look and feel so much better than you did 5 1/2 months ago. I think you and I are right where we should be - our metabolism is a bit slower than the "youngins" on here. So CHIN up and BOOBS to the waist - we will continue our journey! Barbara
lele2
on 8/29/06 8:48 pm - Troutman, NC
I felt like you do until I talked to my doctor. He said everyone loses different and you have to look at all the different factors such as age, size, date of surg. etc. I haven't been on here in a while because I was depressed reading everyones weight loss. Dr. said don't compare yourself to others. I have lost 98 since surgery but from my highest weight it is 108. Im sure I could do better, but its been a struggle sometimes for me. Hang in there, God still has a hand in this!
jennb40
on 8/29/06 10:34 pm - Nashua, NH
Lisa - so proud of what you have done - that is incredible. Please don't quit visiting this forum - we need your input! You have done fantastic and have accomplished quite a bit. You are doing better than me and I am so happy for you. Barbara
* Icemama *.
on 8/30/06 8:38 am - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
You are doing great keep up the good work I was at 67 lost and have gained a lb after my B-day so I am down 66lbs hey you are beating me! But I still feel really good!!
lele2
on 8/31/06 1:01 am - Troutman, NC
Thanks Barbara! Congratulations on being a grandma again! You sure don't look like a grandma! Lisa
miminjoey
on 8/30/06 10:16 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I've only lost 79 so don't feel bad....and being on the road makes it harder...on know where we travel for 4 days here and there I don't get anywhere near the protein I should. Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views