Are you still chewing to mush?

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/06 1:38 pm
I am still chewing my food to applesauce consistency are you? I have several friends and coworkers that laugh when I ask that question and all answer with heck no I stopped doing that at aout 8 weeks out. Am I the only food scared to swallow a chunk of food I have not chewed to baby food conistency? How are you all doing with swallowing larger chunks and with chewing. Thank you so much for your input.
Laura A.
on 8/27/06 2:34 pm - Manteca, CA
Yes, I'm still chewing to mush.....partly habit now, but partly because I don't want to have to lol Laura A.
jennb40
on 8/27/06 8:42 pm - Nashua, NH
I am a bad girl....I need to chew much more than I do - it would definitely make my meals last longer. I constantly need to remind myself to chew slower and chew more - it is hard to break life long habits. Thanks for reminding me to s-l-o-w down and c-h-e-w more! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/28/06 12:21 am - My Town, NH
I would say that I chew pretty much like I did prior to surgery. I do still take smaller bites than I did before. Every once in a while I won't chew something (typically meat) enough and my pouchie will send me a not so gentle reminder that I need to CHEW! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 8/28/06 1:09 am - Maricopa, AZ
Nope.... I stopped chewing to mush a long time ago.... I still chew more than prior top surgery, but we don't need to chew as much anymore...
Courtney B.
on 8/28/06 1:25 am - Lancaster, CA
EVERYTHING I chew is to mush. If I dont, I end up puking. I have been having problem with dense (beef, chicken) and not so dense (tuna) meat lately. Ive thrown up 3 times in the last week. I KNOW I chewed good, cuz it was mush coming back up, so Im thinking I may have a stricture. Crackers and breads go down fine, but the meats just dont want to stay. I see my dr next Tuesday. Courtney 271/254/186/141
Tina K
on 8/28/06 1:52 am - Central, NY
I chew most of my stuff to mush still. Once in a while I'll have a bit too much and not get it ground down and once in a while I'll throw up because of that. Not every time though. It never even occured to me to stop chewing like that! LOL You do what makes you comfortable Dee! That's what matters. Hugs, Tina 315/214/140 (or size 10, whichever comes first!)
BabyRuth2u
on 8/28/06 2:20 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I don't think I chew quite as long as I did right post op, but definately still do take the time to eat slow and think about it, so that I do chew well enough. I have caught myself a few times having something swallowed and them by like OH MY that wasnt chewed as well as it should be and I worry something will happen, but it hasn't.
robinsaxton
on 8/28/06 6:04 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Dee. If I don't chew well enough or eat/drink slow enough, my pouch really lets me know about it. I practice taking my time eating and chewing since I want to make new and better habits to last me a lifetime. So, sounds like you are still doing the right thing. Hugs, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/06 11:58 am
Thank you guys for your response. Looks like we are even some still chewing some not. I guess I will continue to chew and be scared that something will stuck. I also wonder if I am hungry alot because I am chewing to mush and think if I swallowed bigger pieces it will fill my stomach up faster and for a longer length of time. This is the BEST board. Marchers ROCK!!! I hope you guys all have a great week.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views