Nightmare shopping trip.

BabyRuth2u
on 8/26/06 12:52 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I just had to share my trip to the grocery store yesterday. It was weird like it was a dream because all the BAD, EVIL foods are in 3-d of sorts. LOL Going there on the way home from work I was thinking I was in the mood for some mini corn dogs and Jalopeno poppers. LOL No, I didnt buy any. I looked at a pack of jalopeno poppers and it was like 220 calores for 3. In my book it's not worth it. So we went around to get what we needed and the entire trip was insane! End caps of all kinds of cookies, freakin stacks of OREOS!! Then the isle with tables full of pastries... The Krispy Kreme boxes with glazed type donuts with chocolate were popping out through the cellophane. I was like why is all this JUNK standing out like this? I've not had any problem shopping at all in the past 5 months, but today it was all torturing me. I wanted to try some different yogurt, but it's all got too much sugar or sugar alcohols which my body doesnt like, so nothing new there. I did end up getting some french onion dip and the FF pringles. I brought it home and had 3 chips with dip. Then had my dinner and that was it. But the bad thing about this all is that this is the first time I really felt deprived and sorry for myself that I couldnt have all this crap. I've had thoughts of some of it over the past 5 months, but like a moments thought then its gone. But all this POPPING out at me yesteray and in my face made me feel bad and it put me in a very "angry" mood. I felt angry inside and I pretty much ruined my husbands whole evening. He thought he did something wrong. It wasnt him at all, but I didnt take the time to tell him it was me, that I was angry inside. I just spent the evening online by myself, didnt talk to him and when he tried to say something to me I just gave him an evil eye and grunted and he knew to leave me alone. LOL Poor guy. I apologized to him this morning and he said he wondered what he did wrong. Today all is fine, all is better. I dont care about those foods. But it was just a weird trip to the store. I have never had anything liek that happen, I swear all the sweets etc were enlarged by 2 times there normal size and said, "Hey, look at me over here, take a look". LOL Hope you all have had a great weekend so far. After a bad start last night, today has been fine.
alaskanbat
on 8/26/06 2:31 pm - Wasilla, AK
I felt the same way the last time I went to our local wholesale place! It seemed HUGE packages of baked goods were everywhere!!! No matter where I turned there was a package of chocolate chip muffins, or fresh baked cookies, etc... Thank goodness I was in there for only a couple of items. I made a beeline to what I needed and then paid and left. I didn't feel tempted to buy things... not really... but there just seemed to be junk everywhere. I think that maybe it is always like that, but now that we are so health conscience... we notice it. I mean there is a reason there are so many obese Americans. People buy SO much of this stuff. That is why stores carry so much of it. I have 2 young boys, ages 4 and 7. Every time we go in a store they are whining about buying all the junk food they see. I have been very strict about what we buy. I am trying to get them into healthy habits. Patti
BabyRuth2u
on 8/26/06 11:44 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I agree with you Patti, I think what it is, is that we are more aware of those things and before we may have just picked them up, bought them and ate them because they were there, they looked good and were tempting. I wasn't tempted to buy that stuff, I know i can't eat it, so it wasn't really an option, but I wouldnt mind having a cookie! LOL But it was ridiculous! It was everywhere as you said! Guess that's why impulse buying works! And look at the results? It is cool how we are more health conscious, even with the thought of wanting the jalopeno poppers that I did take a look at. I would have bought a box one of the smaller boxes in the past (not sure how many are in there), but probably would have eaten them all. I looked at this the other day and 3 of them were 220 calories. I don't think so!!!!! I'll pass. LOL So we're doing good, making the right choices! Thanks for your input. Have a great Sunday!
lele2
on 8/29/06 9:02 pm - Troutman, NC
I know what you mean. I left working in a bakery to working overnight at Dunking Doughnuts stuffing and filling and icing doughnuts! Not to mention we can eat what ever we want. I don't give in, but I haven't been completly perfect on avoiding sweets. Nothing totaly bad like candy bars or anything major and if I eat something sweet that I know Im not suppose to have at all, I just take a small bite and throw the rest away. Not good, but I am still learning and Ive come to far to blow it all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views