Low Blood Pressure?

toby67
on 8/25/06 11:17 am - Bossier City, LA
Has anyone experienced low blood pressure since your surgery? I get dizzy just about every time I get up from a sitting or laying position & I've had several fainting spells where I've fallen to the floor. Never passed out just fell, I let me tell you I hit hard! Everything did go black but I didn't pass out. I have been pretty weak feeling for about a month & decided to go to the dr. I felt it might be low blood pressure. It was. My blood pressure was 83/53. They took it 2 times & each time it was low. My dr put me on some meds to raise my blood pressure. Just wondering if anyone else has low blood pressure problems & does it get better? Thanks for responses
Beckers
on 8/25/06 12:18 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Tina- I've had a few dizzy spells when standing up (from a sitting position) and my vision going black. I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was also low (but not as low as yours). Mine was 96/63. I've not fainted or passed out yet, just a few dizzy spells. They are going to keep an eye on it, but no action is being taken at this time... Rebecca M. 269/188/150
AZGirl
on 8/25/06 2:14 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Tina- Yes, this has happened to me too and very recently. I was on low dose BP medication prior to surgery and I stayed on it after surgery. Last month at my check-up it was 104/75, so my surgeon told me that I might start to experience light-headedness or dizziness because my blood pressure may even go lower. And if that happens, it may be time to stop the meds. Well, that last 10 days or so I had been having the light-headedness and dizziness, so I thought it was low blood pressure. I asked a nurse where I work to take my blood pressure and it was 93/67. So, I called my surgeon and she said to stop my blood pressure medication, so I have been feeling better. But I didn't know they have meds to RAISE you blood pressure???!! My guess is the once the meds start working in your system you will start to feel better. In the meantime, be careful! Joanne
matt
on 8/25/06 9:45 pm - fairfield, CA
I just posted simmular post on mens board my blood pressure was low also at 94/64 but doctor said many healthy poeple have lower blood pressure than that and my body is just adjusting and getting heathy. I had not had it that low since I was 20 years old and in the army.
miminjoey
on 8/25/06 10:52 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I have been having the same thing...mine was low...but not that low 91/ 50...which actually doesn't sound low, but mine use to be like 130/ 70...so a big change for my body...to be honest I really though my spells were from not enough fluid, i know I just squeak by each day...so but the too together and ya get dizzy spells
toby67
on 8/26/06 3:03 am - Bossier City, LA
Thank you guys for your response! So I guess the BP is going to be low because of the weight loss. I started taking the meds my doc gave me, he said I should tell a difference in about a week. I did go on askjeeves & looked up low blood pressure. It did say that some people do just have low BP. Before surgery mine was always around 114/60 so I guess I just have low BP anyway. I'm gonna take this med & hopefully it will help me to feel better. I'm tired of being weak. Doc says it will help~ Thanks again everyone! So glad to have this forum!
toby67
on 8/26/06 3:06 am - Bossier City, LA
Oh, I forgot! Mimi turtlelover... My nickname is turtleshell!! I love turtles too!! Have bunches of nick nacks!! I use turtleshell on other forums I go on, don't know why I didn't do it on here... LOL~ We have something in common~
Nadine O.
on 8/26/06 12:12 pm - Baltimore, MD
Same problem here. Some days are a little better than others. Nadine O.
toby67
on 8/26/06 12:29 pm - Bossier City, LA
I was just reading the paper that comes with the medicine. It says used for dizziness & lightheadedness. So I guess I misunderstood the doc when I thought he said the meds will bring my blood pressure up. I was kinda confused about that... never heard of a med to bring bp up before either. LOL~ I'll let ya'll know if it will help~ Thanks for the replies!
BabyRuth2u
on 8/26/06 11:51 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
EEKS! Is that what that is? I never thought of it being low blood pressure or anything like that. I was dizzy a good bit while out yesterday, I told hubby to walk close to me incase I would fall down. LOL I've felt that way a few times here or there the past few weeks. I just took it that I needed some food maybe. It was nearing dinner time so we stopped while out and had some. I never thought about it being low BP, low sugar maybe, not the BP. Glad you found out what caused you to fall and the dizziness. Hope the meds are helping and keeping you upright! Thanks for posting this, gives me something to think about! *HUGS* take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views