Feeling discouraged need some freinds!!

lizzey627
on 8/25/06 12:41 am - Dunlap, CA
So here i am almost 6months out and im still not in the 100's I'm beging to feel its never going to happen ! Im really tired and my hair wont quit falling out! I'm wondering if I havent streached my pouch out it still doesnt feel like I am eating that much but its hard to tell. I dont want to be a bummer but i could use a pep talk!!! lizzey
Sheila A.
on 8/25/06 1:18 am - Thermal, CA
Hi Lizzey! Don't be discouraged, some of us lose slower than others. Me included, I am a few days shy of 5 months and I have lost a total of 69lbs. We are all different, I am 5'1" and started at 283lbs. Never in my life have I ever lost this much weight, so I will take it! Give yourself credit for what you have accomplished. I am sure it is alot. Remember to get your protein in and drink your water, try not to graze and it will come off, it has to. For me, it seems when I am in a stall and I start getting bummed right before it is almost over. Then I lose another 3-4 lbs. Be encouraged, it will come off, just think you aren't the weight you used to be!!! God Bless you! Sheila
Darlene X
on 8/25/06 1:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
On the main board, you'll see many MANYYY people who too****il their 9-12 months to lose 100lbs... Everyone loses at such different rates--- when was the last time you lost this much weight in 6 months? Agem mertabolism, genetics, all sorts come into play as t how rapidly someone loses... be grateful and happy for your weight loss. Do you work out your calories daily and track how much food your eating, Im sure you'll find it's just fine. My hair is still falling out too, and I had thin hair to begin with, I hate it, but choose not to dwell on it--- I know Im not going to go completelty bald, and if I stress over my hair, it will probably just cause more hair loss LOL... Darlene
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/25/06 3:49 am - My Town, NH
Lizzey, It will be a long time before I'm in the 100s!!! Sometimes we just have to tell ourselves that as long as we continue to lose, we are becoming healthier and building better habits. If you can, try not to let the numbers on the scale dictate how you feel about your success with surgery. They say it is really difficult to stretch out your pouch so that may not be an issue for you. Keep your chin up! - Stephanie
Amy I.
on 8/25/06 4:06 am - KS
Lizzy, I am still waiting! I started at 290 and am almost there at 202. I wear a size 16... 14 (in-between). It will happen, some just lose slower than others. Hang in there! Amy I
robinsaxton
on 8/25/06 6:26 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Lizzey. Darlin' I feel your pain. It is one of those things that I think frustrates all of us a one time or another. We all tend to find someone to compare ourselves to. I know that it is hard not to. I have a friend who has lost so much more than me, and we both started at almost the same weight. I get frustrated with my size compared to others who weigh the same and wear a smaller size than me. You are amazing and have lost a lot of weight in a short time. You are going to continue to lose and one day before you know it, you'll step on that scale and see numbers that you didn't think you would see again. You are gonna be so successful. Hang in there. More success is on the way! Hugs, Robin
Beckii
on 8/25/06 8:46 am - Saint Louis, MO
Lizzey - I'm sure you haven't stretched that pouch, probably just hitting some slow patches. Been there, done that -- especially with the hair loss. So frustrating, but at least I'm losing something Take care and hang in there. You'll get there! Beckii
lizzey627
on 8/25/06 8:57 am - Dunlap, CA
Well thanks for writing back I way 202 today I started at 277 and presurgery diet weight was 310 so I have lost 76lbs sense surgery an 108lbs. all together. Amy im like you 202 has been real hard to get past. I do need to eat more I was keeping track with every thing then I stoped I should start doing that again I am working out though. an lifting weights. I getting more endurance an can now run!!! So that is exciting! Thanks guys! Lizzey
jomamma
on 8/25/06 9:59 am - Palmdale, CA
Im with you!! I am down 65 since surgery and I lost 25 before surgery, so thats a total of 90. I only have 10 to get to the BIG 100 but damm if things are going SLOW SLOW SLOW. I am very happy for my loss, I know its better to lose slowly than too fast, so we should be greatful for that. Its just so hard NOT TO COMPARE to everyone else on this March board. WEL WILL GET THERE!!
miminjoey
on 8/25/06 11:01 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am not in the 100's either in fact last month I lost 8 pounds and so far this month 2 grrrr but I did loose inches....I have been sitting at 202 for so long...I swear every scale I get on is broken. So, don't worry you are not alone...go buy a new pair of jeans...that seems to do the trick for me these days...I am so loving the new cute stuff! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views