Hi there everyone, been awhile

Angela S.
on 8/15/06 10:03 pm - St. Ann, MO
It has been awhile since I posted and I recieved a few e-mails so I wanted to drop in and say hi. Last time I posted I was having trouble with passing out and throwing up. It was sporadic and I had a few tests done and they could not explain it, that was back in June. On July 4th I spent the entire day throwing up and I threw up at least twice wach day for the next week, some days I threw up all day long. Within a week I was to the point where I couldn't keep anything down including water. My Primary care physician did every test under the sun, consulting with my surgeon and still they could not explain it. On July 20th I had had enough and I called my surgeon and spoke with him he said to go to the ER. I got to the ER and it was packed due to a recent storm and power outage in St. Louis. It would be a 4 hour wait they informed me. I had my barf bucket as I call it and settled in for a long wait. My sister was with me, after about an hour I began feeling really bad and told my sister I thought I was going to pass out and needed to lay down. She got a nurse who took my BP, then she asked me to stand up so she could take it again, when I did that it was all over, within a few minutes I was out and they could not get a BP and I was not responding. That moved me to the head of the line and the immediately took me back and found a stretcher for me to lay down on. When I came too my pulse was still very slow. They hooked me up to IV and did some x-rays. They admitted "for the night" and I spent the next 9 days in the hospital. Three days were spent in the cardiac unit hooked up to heart monitors because my pulse was still slow, they did an EKG and an u/s of my heart, all was fine so they moved me to the surgery floor where I spent 4 more days throwing up and passing out everytime I stood up. Finally they figured out that the passing out was probably from my thyroid medication, my dose was too high for my now smaller body so they cut it in half which seemed to work for the passing out. I was still throwing up and went that entire week without a bite to eat, which was fine because the thought of food made me sick, I was nauseous 24/7. Finally my surgeon decided to "go in and look around" all the CT scans and tests still showed nothing. So I had surgery on July 26th, the found and internal hernia, meaning instead of protruding outward the hernia poked inward blocking my small bowel. Once he fixed the hernia I felt 100% better no more nausea or vomitting since! I wanted to kiss him LOL! I spent two more days in the hospital, they finally gave me food, if you call lemon jello and popsicles food LOL! But at least I was eating and keeping it down. Apparently 4.5% of people who have had gastric bypass have this problem. I seem to fall into all of these categories for problems but I hope this was the last, I have had 3 surgeries in 5 months and on top of the medical bills, I have mixed 7 weeks of work and they are not too happy. Anyway, thanks too those who e-mailed to check on me, sorry I could not respond, my computer at home is shot. I will try to check in here and I hope everyone is having much success in their weight loss. Unfortunately since I am eating again, I have not lost any weight since getting out of the hospital. My body was starving though so I think my stall will end, I just hope it is sooner than later. Thanks for listening to my saga!
miminjoey
on 8/15/06 10:59 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
OMG!! Wow what a summer you have had. I am glad to see you on the board again and I am so happy they finally figured out what was going on and now things are looking better! We were getting really worried. I am sure the weight loss will start up again once you are able to get in more "real" food.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 11:32 pm - PA
Wow! That sounds like some ordeal! I'm glad you are feeling better now. Hopefully you are done with the complications and will be full steam ahead from now on! Hugs, Kathy
Mama-of-3
on 8/16/06 12:17 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Angela, I'm glad to hear that you are on your way back to a full recovery. What crazy complications. I hope it is all behind you now. Great family photo by the way. =) Trish
BabyRuth2u
on 8/16/06 9:37 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow, sorry to hear about all you've been through. That is tough. Glad to see they figured it out and you are on your way to feeling better. You were doing so well and know what to do, just take it easy and it will all come together and you'll be on your way. Thank you for giving us an update. Take care *HUGS*
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/17/06 2:35 am - My Town, NH
Angela, Thanks for posting and try to take good care of yourself. I hope things continue to improve and you can get back to the business of living life! - Stephanie
Tina K
on 8/17/06 2:54 am - Central, NY
Oh my goodness honey, what a nightmare! I'm so very thankful that they were able to find and fix the problem! Continue to get better and feed that body! Please keep us updated as you can. Hugs, Tina
robinsaxton
on 8/17/06 3:20 am - Columbia, MD
Oh my goodness Angela, you have really been through the ringer. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope that you will have nothing but great health from here on out. Work will get over it. They always do. I am sure that if you could have been there you would have and they should know that too. Thanks for letting us know how you are. Better, brighter days are ahead for you!!!! Hugs, Robin
Katie M.
on 8/17/06 4:02 am - East Petersburg, PA
I remember you posting about passing out and throwing up a while back. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery! I hope you get back to the swing of things quickly. You should be proud that you went it and had it taken care of! Thank goodness your doctor kept looking for the problem. Once your body gets some more calories that weight will start flying off! Thanks for giving us the update. No more complications allowed! Hugs, Katie 3/27/06 342/250 now
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views