Recipe: Corn and Shrimp Cakes

AZGirl
on 8/15/06 11:47 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
I love shrimp, but besides shrimp ****tail, I never knew what else to do with it. All the recipes I have are bad for us because they have too much fat. Here is a REALLY good one. They are so tasty and check out the nutritional info. Good for us too!! These are also good if you are craving crab cakes. Corn and Shrimp Cakes with Tomato-Lime Salsa Serves 4 For the Corn and Shrimp Cakes: 12 ounces of cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped. 1/2 cup of corn kernels, shucked from the cob or frozen, thawed 2/3 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs 1/2 cup light cream cheese 1/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning ( I used Old Bay) 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon hot sauce For the Tomato -Lime Salsa: 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes 2 tablespoons minced red onion 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herbs seasoning 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. 2. Mix the ingredients for the shrimp cakes in a bowl until blended. 3. Shape mixture into 4 cakes, each about 1 inch thick. Transfer cakes to prepared baking sheet, cover with plastic and refrigerate 20 minutes. 4. Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and toss gently. Set aside until ready to server. ( I doubled the salsa recipe because I love salsa) 5. Transfer cakes to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes, until cakes are golden brown. ( I sprayed a little bit of olive oil on the top to make sure they got nice and brown) Serve shrimp cakes with salsa on top and on the side. Nutrition info per serving: 257 calories, 25% fat (7g; 3.8 g saturated), 37% carbs (23g), 38% protein (24g), 2 g fiber, 130 mg calcium, 3.9 mg iron, 871 mg sodium.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views