New Lunch Idea

jennb40
on 8/13/06 8:25 pm - Nashua, NH
While shopping around in the grocery on Saturday, I came across something that looks new to me - or rather I haven't seen it before and it looks to have good things for us. South Beach Diet has come up with about 3 or 4 lunch/dinner sandwiches. The one I bought was the Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap. It has 2 wheat tortillas, Louis Rich grilled chicken breast, Kraft Parmesan Cheese Shreds, Caesar Reduced Fat Dressing, and Jello Sugar Free Cherry Gelatin. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese. Here are the stats: Calories: 239 (calories from fat 90) Total Fat: 10 grams (Saturated Fat 4.5 gr, Monounsaturated fat 3.5 gr, polyunsaturated fat 2 gr, no trans fat) Sodium: 1030 mg (pretty high I would think) Carb: 23 gr, BUT dietary fiber 14 g - really great fiber count Sugars - less than 1 gr Protein- 24 gr - (great protein count) Seems like a quick, GOOD lunch choice for those who take their lunches to work, or for those busy moms on the run and need something quick, yet nutritious. I am trying mine today for lunch - hope it is good! I don't remember the price but seems like it was around $2.50???? Have a good day everybody....Barbara
sparkles
on 8/13/06 8:37 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
The ceasar is the best, followed by the southwest. I wasn't a big fan of the turkey bacon. I just can't eat those tortillas.. they dont taste right.. lol!
Tina K
on 8/14/06 1:16 am - Central, NY
I've seen those in the store Barbara but totally forgot about them in terms of what I can take for lunch when I start working. Duh! Thanks for sharing. Let us know how you like it. Hugs, Tina
Darlene X
on 8/14/06 1:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
I tried them pre-surgery and didn't like them... kind of tasteless if ya ask me... Id rather make my own wraps... but if you like them, then theyre not a bad lunch! Darlene -110lbs
Melissa P.
on 8/14/06 1:58 am - Aurora, IL
My friend eats those. we looked at walmart super center for the, but couldn't find them. she siad they come with 2 craps, and she only eats one at a time.
jennb40
on 8/14/06 2:33 am - Nashua, NH
Well I just got through eating my new lunch idea! It wasn't bad. Now I know Darlene's home made ones couldn't hold a candle to these, but unfortunately she refuses to travel to New Hampshire every day to bring mine! And - I am old enough to be her MIL!!!! Anyway, for a quick lunch and a change they aren't bad. I did find mine at the Super Walmart along the isle with the cheese. It tasted pretty good to me....now back to work I am! Barbara
miminjoey
on 8/14/06 8:47 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok i couldn't help but laugh she siad they come with 2 craps, and this so sounds like something I would type. Mimi
JenWilBeSkinE
on 8/14/06 3:04 am - Peculiar, MO
I like these too. I've had the turkey ones. I took one to a teacher's luncheon because I knew a pot luck is hard to get good choices at unless you BYO. THey were good and I didn't look weird.
miminjoey
on 8/14/06 8:45 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I tried the seaseme chicken one and now sooner I got it down i puked it back up...i am sure it was the sauce, but man oh man i thought i would never stop the others though I haven't been brave enough to try....if you try them let me know how you do. Mimi
jennb40
on 8/14/06 4:38 pm - Nashua, NH
OOPS...Mimi- sorry that one make you - I had the chicken caesar one yesterday and it went down fine....am trying the turkey bacon one tomorrow.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views