Beef Roast Recipe??

sparkles
on 8/10/06 12:23 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Hi all!! I've had a crock pot for a year and never used it!! I have been craving beef roast.. but dont know how to make it... or what to add. I dont like carrots, so thats one thing I dont want in there. Can anyone help me?
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/06 1:22 am - PA
allrecipes.com is my favorite recipe site of all time! I've been using it for years. They will have tons of recipes for crockpot roast. You can even browse for recipes that include or EXCLUDE a specific ingredient (carrots.) Plus they have ratings and reviews and you can read what other people thought of the recipe before you make it. Its great, it has never failed me. Though I usually tend to take the lazy way out and make crockpot roast just by dumping a can of french onion soup and a can of beefy mushroom in the crockpot with the roast. And letting it cook on low for 4-8 hours (depending on the size). It will just fall apart. I never put veggies in because we end up having too many leftovers and I can use the leftover meat later for other things. Kathy
Darlene X
on 8/10/06 1:37 am - Maricopa, AZ
I normally don't cook my veggies in with the roast--- I always do those seperate, I just put in the crockpot what I want for flavoring the roast... My SIL makes a yummy one, works for either beef or pork, but she taxes a can of cream of mushroom soup, and mixes in an envelope of onion soup/dip mix and put's that over it and cooks... it's yummy, has it's own gravy. I normally season with salt, pepper, garlic & onion, then add some water to keep it moist.... You could cook any veggie, carrots, potatoes, sweet potato, onion, parsnips etc...
Darlene X
on 8/10/06 3:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
Here are a few recipes I found: ------------------------------ Awesome Roast Beef "This rump roast in mushroom soup and beef broth is tender and very moist. It's made in the slow cooker, and is very easy to make. Raw vegetables, such as carrots and potatoes, may be added at the start of the cooking time, if desired. My whole family loves this recipe. The leftovers also make great roast beef sandwiches." INGREDIENTS: 3 pounds rump roast 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed beef broth DIRECTIONS: Place rump roast in a slow cooker. Pour in condensed cream of mushroom soup and condensed beef broth. Cook on LOW for about 8 hours. --------------------------------------------- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast INGREDIENTS: 4 pounds chuck roast salt and pepper to taste 1 packet dry onion soup mix 1 cup water 3 carrots, chopped 1 onion, chopped 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed 1 stalk celery, chopped DIRECTIONS: Take the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat. Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. ------------------------------------------------ Slow Cooker Roast beef INGREDIENTS: 3 pounds beef chuck roast 1/3 cup soy sauce 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper DIRECTIONS: Pour the soy sauce and dry onion soup mix into the slow cooker. Mix well. Place chuck roast into slow cooker. Add water until the top 1/2 inch of the roast is not covered. Add the fresh ground pepper over the top. Cover and cook on low for 22 hours -----------------------------------------------------------
~ Stylz ~
on 8/10/06 9:41 am - North of Boston, MA
I made a roast with a packet of hidden valley ranch dry seasoning, good seasons italian dry seasoning and a can of beef broth (add the roast) cook in a slow cooker for 6 hours add vegetables and cook for another 2 hours (I found the recipe on allrecipes.com). it was to die for!!!
ooh-lala
on 8/10/06 11:09 am - Great Bend, KS
Here is a delicious recipe that I made. This recipe is from www.lowcarbluxury.com. Crock Pot Italian Beef Ingredients: 3 to 4 pound rump roast 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce (no sugar added variety) 2 1/2 cups water 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon parsley flakes 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon basil 1 teaspoon oregano Dash Worcestershire sauce Dash soy sauce 1 package Italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons) Put roast in crock pot. Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and pour over roast in crock pot. Cook all night on low or 6 to 8 hours on high. About 1 and 1/2 hours before serving, flake meat apart and continue cooking. Serves 6 - 8. Laura 381/284/175
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views